• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1795 flowing coin
1 1

6 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Luis Daniel said:

I would like to know if this coin its fake or real? I don’t have any experience 

2A6FD1BD-BB05-42DF-A870-CCFFFAF2CD70.jpeg

CBDD929E-E384-41C3-83A0-C0EB4A5F6C06.jpeg

It's a fake. Sorry.:frown:

Well, whether fake or real, I would be curious to know its provenance, i.e., how you acquired it, from whom you purchased it, etc.  

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Well, whether fake or real, I would be curious to know its provenance, i.e., how you acquired it, from whom you purchased it, etc.  

Definite fake.  As for 'provenance' it has the look of a Chinese knockoff that you would find on Alibaba.  The reason I say this is because it looks like it was recently minted.  They sell tons of fabricated American coins on Alibaba and Etsy and while in their description they will call it a 'Fantasy' coin they never seem to have 'copy' on them which is required by the Hobby Protection Act.  Hope I have been of some help.

Edited by Alex in PA.

18 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Definite fake.  As for 'provenance' it has the look of a Chinese knockoff that you would find on Alibaba.  The reason I say this is because it looks like it was recently minted.  They sell tons of fabricated American coins on Alibaba and Etsy and while in their description they will call it a 'Fantasy' coin they never seem to have 'copy' on them which is required by the Hobby Protection Act.  Hope I have been of some help.

Well, you've got a point there. I have an 1804 Silver Dollar in magnificent condition: a concoction of the Intaglio Mint which has a clever way of skirting the "copy" designation by producing them in double the standard thickness size. The 1795 presents an unnaturally "clean" appearance. A red flag.