• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1909 VDB with polished rim

42 posts in this topic

Kind of explains that slab I recall seeimg somewhere, with just one descriptor: "LACQUERED." [I found the reference provided, LCRC, to be most illuminating in this regard. Kind of explains the '83-D my brother and I found as kids with an absurdly large "D" that, in hindsight, suggests a coin we merely found "interesting," had more of a story to it.  Our collections comprising two Whitman albums, virtually complete but for the few key dates which prudence dictated ought not to be pushed into a hole in cardboard, were dispersed years ago.] Thank you, Ratzie33 for bringing this fascinating resource I was hitherto unaware of to my attention. (I am afraid I lack the expertise to render a definitive ruling [opinion] on the matter of polished edges/rims.)

3 minutes ago, Justin Henslee said:

oh that's mine by the way just wanted to show off the colors.  I cant seem to get video to load so pics will have to do.

Not a YouRube whore, then?

1 minute ago, Justin Henslee said:

I was just showing pictures of my coin, not sure what you mean there bud

A comparison between the OP and you. He uses YouRube as a weapon.

Edited by VKurtB

3 hours ago, VKurtB said:

A comparison between the OP and you. He uses YouRube as a weapon.

Ha! Ha! Ha!  Highly entertaining, this back-and-forth. You've "coined" a new expression I've never heard before, but to make doubly sure, somebody get me Forensics!  Ha! Ha! Ha!

On 8/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, VKurtB said:

Not a YouRube whore, then?

(Principal interrogator, Abu Ghraib prison, IRAQ, circa 2003. Easy VKurtB! Ha! Ha! Ha!)