• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New number #1 in the NGC Walker One per Date category!
1 1

12 posts in this topic

It has been a very good run for me, as I have won Best in Category overall for the last 5 Years, in the One per Date category.  I have been overtaken by two new Registry participants and am now number three.  I urge you to check them out, especially, the #1 position.  I have the link posted below.  His coins are simply amazing and in very, very high grade and high quality.  He is 100% complete and he has a 1934 S in NGC Mint State 67 * !!!  He has over 125,000 registry points in this One per Date category and there is, absolutely, no way that I would want to compete with that.  He is also #1, now, in the 65-coin Walker Full Set category.  My hat is off to you, Sir....I want to take this opportunity to say 'Congratulations'! ^^ The torch has been passed. :golfclap:

P.S.- My 1919 D is still better than yours! LOLOL  :devil:

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/united-states/half-dollars/474/

Edited by Walkerfan

Walkerfan, as DJ Khalid said in those commercials, Don't give up!  Who knows, if you're young, suddenly win the lottery, and still have the fire and inclination, you can reclaim your #1 spot. Never say never, I always say, and yes, all those top tier collections are lovely. (The only Walker I have is a 37-S in VF condition I've held onto for sentimental reasons.)

Just now, Walkerfan said:

@Quintus Arrius Money really isn't the issue here.  It's more about me being satisfied with what I already have and having had my day in the Sun.  I'm going to focus on other areas, now.  Thanks.

Fair enough. Five years? What a mensch!  

Your pictures are better.

#1 gets 8,729 points for their 1935-D in MS67, and you get 2,464 for your 1935-S in 65. Over 6000 points different for 2 grade points, hurts my brain. I can see why I don't have any desire to play in this sport.

36 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

#1 gets 8,729 points for their 1935-D in MS67, and you get 2,464 for your 1935-S in 65. Over 6000 points different for 2 grade points, hurts my brain. I can see why I don't have any desire to play in this sport.

Thanks.  That's exactly what I'm talking about.  I will not begrudge someone trying to own the finest known.  Also, I can assuredly appreciate the beauty and conditional scarcity but the difference in quality vs. price just does not make sense to me.  My set was constructed at my optimal grade level and I am perfectly happy with it.  However, I have nothing but respect and admiration for the new number one set.  Everyone has their own collecting strategy and goals.  Although my coins are lower grade, they were hand-selected and cherry-picked by me.  To me, that's more fun and has more potential for profit than buying a coin that is already maxed out.  

Edited by Walkerfan

Excellent post and I second your congrats to the new number one set, for now anyway.  Interesting I have seen a number of new sets and alot of activity in the registry this year, I wonder if people are entering their PCGS sets so those will show up when the ANA registry crossover starts up.  I cannot help but wonder when we will begin to see all the Hanson sets being entered here.

Edited by Coinbuf

You have a great set and have had a great run!  The way I see it, there will always be someone with more money and resources to build sets. Just waiting for someone to jump me in the Washington arena!

On 7/28/2020 at 12:49 AM, kbbpll said:

To be fair, it kinda makes sense for walkers... It is extremely hard to find a 67, much harder over a 65 than say, a 64 over 62

That said, I also am not into the registry game... Too expensive for me :roflmao:

Edited by 1917
Adding information

1 hour ago, 1917 said:

That said, I also am not into the registry game... Too expensive for me :roflmao:

I cannot, for the life of me, remember whether my inadvertent discovery of a Set Registry acted as a catalyst propelling me into the stratospheric heights of collecting, or was merely me exhibiting the traits of a Virgo's compulsion for perfection.  Either way, it was a pricey ride fraught with peril, i.e., buying merchandise sight unseen. Your collection is magnificent. I give you a giant toolbar-like E for Effort!