• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could this be a new discovery of a Roosevelt dime with a special matte finish
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Well as Quintus Arrius so rightly pointed out the worst that could happen is that I would simply be told that the coin is not what I expected it to be and my dreams of having a one of a kind unique coin would forever be shattered ... And therefore the Experts and attackers in the post could then have something to gloat and cheer about since it has become very clear that some people if not most seem to feel offended that I choose to SEEK SOLID FACTS over the EXPERT GUESSING OF RESPECTED EXPERTS . Infact . I strongly believe that mostly everyone here was so hung up in the idea of proving the OP wrong who questioned the theories of the experts that they COMPLETELY forgot all about what the focus of the entire post was really about to begin with. That is Finding FACTS to determine the real reason behind the coins special finish since I could find nothing more then environmental damage and sandblasted THEORIES ... And speaking of which. Today I actually had the pleasure of  watching a few videos of people sandblasting coins and to my surprise I couldn't help noticing that they all had something in common that no one here bothered to mention. Which is that sandblasting a coin to obtain a special matte finish not only takes time but takes the skill of an EXPERT to obtain such a smooth finish WITHOUT AFFECTING THE DEVICES ON A COIN like the coin I posted . All homemade coins have devices that look like they have been eaten away by acid. And Since no where on the coin i have does any of the devices bare signs of sandblasting by a novice . It leads me to believe that it would have had to occur by someone with Expert skills on applying a matte finish through a sandblasting process like a mint or either a coin expert who creates coins and finishes for a living ...  And so with all that being said I sincerely hope that whoever Mr. wonderland  is will take the same time and care as any REAL EXPERT should to reach a real conclusion on a coins finish as opposed to simply giving it the famous EXPERT GUESSING which i now realize is WIDELY USED IN COIN CIRCLES even though details and testing do matter to some people ...But nevertheless thank you all for the expert opinions and advice because it is still truly appreciated dispite all the personal feelings and negative opinions . 

P.s. Oh and by the way .  Please excuse the very long and well thought-out reply to anyone that is not very fond of reading . Because I do not wish to offend anyone else or throw more fuel on the flames already here 

Edited by RichieRich2020