• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 P ASE MS70 Minted in Philadelphia Emergency

17 posts in this topic

What is the opinion of the 2020(P) Emergency Production ASE PCGS MS70 First Strike?

Keep in mind;

1.  West Point Mint was closed for 2 weeks COVID19 and Philadelphia Mint issued 250,000 of these Emergency Coins

2. 2020 is the last year with the reverse side design by John Mercanti 

3. This is the 2nd lowest volume production of ASE (How many of them are MS70)???

I am seeing them priced between $198 and $241.... 

On 7/18/2020 at 3:45 PM, TKGOLDMEMBER said:

What is the opinion of the 2020(P) Emergency Production ASE PCGS MS70 First Strike?

Keep in mind;

1.  West Point Mint was closed for 2 weeks COVID19 and Philadelphia Mint issued 250,000 of these Emergency Coins

2. 2020 is the last year with the reverse side design by John Mercanti 

3. This is the 2nd lowest volume production of ASE (How many of them are MS70)???

I am seeing them priced between $198 and $241.... 

A loser. 100%.

Remember the Pf 70 Ikes PCGS graded that uninformed buyers paid several thousand dollars for that now sell for 4 to 5 hundred bucks. 50 bucks for onE of those Eagles is about right IMO.

15 minutes ago, numisport said:

Remember the Pf 70 Ikes PCGS graded that uninformed buyers paid several thousand dollars for that now sell for 4 to 5 hundred bucks. 50 bucks for onE of those Eagles is about right IMO.

Thanks for responding, can you provide me the date and info about this particular coin? 

4 hours ago, TKGOLDMEMBER said:

OK, Can you provide me a little more of your thoughts. Is there a price you would purchase them at?

If I were interested at all in the very concept of a coin that is different because of its label rather then the coin itself, which I am not, I would maybe be paying about a 10% premium, if that. I collect silver eagles, but I have only had one encapsulated, and that was the 1995-W proof. I have two others that were gifts from someone else, and one that was an American Numismatic Association bonus for signing up for a 3-year platinum membership.

Slabbed ASE's are, to me, "sucker bait".

Edited by VKurtB

On 7/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, TKGOLDMEMBER said:

Just wondering why people like them all dressed up and given a MS70 Perfect grade

Yeahhh, many of us are wondering the same thing.

There is huge marketing behind these "Tops-Baseball Cards"like that have some precious metal coin attached.  "Slab-Label & Coin Trading Cards" with some autographs on them. They are buying and selling. I'm watching.....

Edited by TKGOLDMEMBER

No offense intended, but your avatar picture kinda looks like someone who would respond to "huge marketing".

1 hour ago, TKGOLDMEMBER said:

Kurt, is this picture more respectable? 

Yeah, it's better. The other one was giving me a "Pitbull" vibe.

On 7/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, TKGOLDMEMBER said:

Thanks for responding, can you provide me the date and info about this particular coin? 

You could go to Great Collections to find some PCGS Pf 70 Dcam coins that don't sell at 500 to 700 dollar level. Problem with these coins is while near perfect many don't have ultimate contrast we look for.