• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Launches CGC Trading Cards Division
1 1

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) has launched CGC Trading Cards, a division to authenticate, grade and encapsulate Pokémon TCG and Magic: The Gathering cards. Read More

8 hours ago, gmarguli said:

Does CGC certify the virginity of the submitter at the same time? :devil:

Oh... You're terrible! The comic collectors are no better! I'm not convinced the coin collectors are much better, just older! lol 

I got a bit of a chuckle out of this because I have several boxes of various collectable card games from when I was younger - Mostly Magic the Gathering and Battletech (very short lived MtG derivative put out by Wizards of the Coast based on an IP I've loved since I was 11). Nothing valuable or rare enough to want something like this service but It was interesting to see. I could see a lot of people with an old Alpha or Beta Black Lotus that could want to go for something like this.

Is it horrible that my 2nd thought when seeing this was, "So when do we get a collectable card registry and registry sets? When do I get to request a category for "Battletech's" "Fire for Effect" Set?" lol 

Yes. I am a nerd! And dang proud of it most days. :D