• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1998 D Washington Quarter possible error?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm very new to coin collecting, so I have had coins with errors go right passed me and some that seem to be something turn into nothing. This one in particular I can't find anything on so I'm not sure if I have a great find or just another coin. On the word "in" the I seems to merge or slant into the N making it look like a W. Instead of In God We Trust, it looks as if it says W God We Trust. And maybe there's an error I don't see. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

85A4AB86-7B26-46F7-A5CB-E76F62B0E9FD.jpeg

81D9C099-084B-474A-9CC3-3A022D9F3355.jpeg

03912A90-27F8-4B55-BD75-97FA948BC132.jpeg

D2F8B09F-6313-4A20-8DF5-6B897383B271.jpeg

Welcome. The I on your coin has just taken a hit from something which pushed the bottom sideways.  You can see the scrape from the original location.

1 minute ago, l.cutler said:

Welcome. The I on your coin has just taken a hit from something which pushed the bottom sideways.  You can see the scrape from the original location.

Now that you say that I do see the scrape, Thank you!!

On 8/31/2022 at 7:55 PM, G.Garcia said:

I found the same error in a 1996 P quarter!O.o

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

Sorry, but it's not an error.  Your coin has damage that occurred after it left the mint.  Not an error of any kind

Edited by Oldhoopster