• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 quarter with no mint mark

9 posts in this topic

1979 quarter with no mint mark...

Is this a rare find...

I can't find anything info on it ....I got to looking on my other 79 quarter they all have a D or a P.....did Philly mint any Quarters in 1979 with no mint marks

5 minutes ago, Brad adams said:

Is this a rare find...

I can't find anything info on it ....I got to looking on my other 79 quarter they all have a D or a P.....did Philly mint any Quarters in 1979 with no mint marks

It's also look like doubling in liberty and on reverse by the eagles perch and in lettering....I thought it might be a wrong date on this quarter....

Not rare at all. Philadelphia minted 518,708,000 with no mm.

Would like to see a picture of your 1979 quarter with a P mm though, that would be a rarity

Also no DD and not sure what you mean by wrong date. It is a 1979 quarter.

Edited by Greenstang
Add copy

Just now, Brad adams said:

It's also look like doubling in liberty and on reverse by the eagles perch and in lettering....I thought it might be a wrong date on this quarter....

I think you may have the wrong idea of what doubling looks like. There is no doubling that I can see on LIBERTY.

2 hours ago, Brad adams said:

Is this a rare find...

If you had a redbook you would have the info you need.

If it's too much trouble for you to Google the basic information, OP, I get it. Why should you be bothered when Helpful Forum People will cheerfully search out the basic public domain facts for you?

As for doubling, you post thread after thread about this or that modern coin, receive patient answer after patient answer, yet none of what you are told ever seems to educate you. My question for you is why do you not absorb any of this education? After dozens and dozens of posts and responses, is it really too much to ask for you to develop a concept of what constitutes an error and what is just damage or imaginary? It's a serious question. I have stayed away this long, but it's about time someone posed it.

Thanks for saying what some of us have been thinking. I try to bite my tongue, not wanting to discourage anybody, but at some point you have to learn something on your own. The resources to do so are right here on this website. https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/united-states/quarters/38/ for example. All this "no mint mark" stuff in particular drives me nuts.

1 hour ago, kbbpll said:

Thanks for saying what some of us have been thinking. I try to bite my tongue, not wanting to discourage anybody, but at some point you have to learn something on your own. The resources to do so are right here on this website. https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/united-states/quarters/38/ for example. All this "no mint mark" stuff in particular drives me nuts.

After looking over this price guide, Washington quarters are becoming more collectible and worth saving.