• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow! Any Canadian coin lovers out there?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I specialize in Liberty Seated Dollars and would appreciate comments on the value of this half dollar just back from grading. She is graded PL-68, Pop 1, highest graded.

1958 N-68 Slab.jpg

1958R MS-68 Slab.jpg

1958R MS-68 Max.jpg

Wow! Beautiful coin!

I can't help you with value - the highest that NGC's World Coin Price Guide goes is MS63, and it's only $13.00. But I'd say it would go much higher!

Welcome to the Forum

My specialty, Canadian silver half dollars.  A beauty, don't know why it wasn't graded at least a Cameo.

The highest grade that I could find being sold on eBay was a PL66 so with that being the highest Pop, it would be hard to put a value on it although I would think it would be north of $200.00. It would probably come down to what you want for it and what someone is willing to pay for it as there has been no precident set for it's value.

Big fan of this reverse since I was a kid. Two of us in a row with it as our profile pics! :) At one point I was trying for all the George VI silver but I never finished.

Nice coin! A PL67 sold on Heritage a couple years ago for $99. I would also guess somewhere north of $200 for this one. You might post in the Canadian section over at CCF and see what they say; lots of Canadian dealers and collectors hang out there.

I love some of the old Canadian coins like the ones with the mackerel, bobcat, caribou, and such. One of my favorite coins of all time are those trapper dollars with the two guys peddling a canoe. I got a dozen of those in BU still in the mint tube somewhere in ye olde pirate chest. i never did have them slabbed though. I think the date was more common was the reason. Still a beautiful coin though. I have a few  coins each of the animal series from the 60s but they are just nice type coins. I think I have some maple leaf Wolf and antelope in bullion somewhere. I have a lot of stuff I forget about sometimes until someone posts something.

Beautiful coin by the way. I guess when the queen turns out like a cameo or PL it would be one to hold on to. I don't know, I just don't keep up with values sometimes.

Edited by cowbaby

Very nice looking '58 !

I was always a fan of George Five on Canada coins. That guy really looked like a king.

Come to think of it, he looked like that guy in the old cartoon, "The Little King"...... 

21 hours ago, Hagop said:

Thanks for all the posts, I’ve decided to list it for sale.

Where? If you don't mind my asking.