• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1984 p nickel DDO/DDR

9 posts in this topic

1984 p nickel DDO DDR ..with a Rpm could this Rpm be a omms did they transfer any from denver San Francisco to Philly in that era......is there any value on this coin .......

20200623_233055-1.jpg

20200623_233130.jpg

1 minute ago, Brad adams said:

If that's not DDO or DDR then there not such thing .,,..it clearly shows in the 84 in date  and the er liberty

Five cents  United States of America

47 minutes ago, Brad adams said:

..it clearly shows in the 84 in date  and the er liberty

It may show clearly in hand, but it definitely does not show in the pictures. When I try to enlarge them, they get blurry. I can't see anything clearly.

Again I think you are confusing raised metal on the tops of letters and numbers for doubling. I would focus on finding something already known, learning to compare with a known example, etc. It's not to say that you can't find something new, but it's a _long_ road from discovery to "value". I think I've said this before.

48 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

Again I think you are confusing raised metal on the tops of letters and numbers for doubling. I would focus on finding something already known, learning to compare with a known example, etc. It's not to say that you can't find something new, but it's a _long_ road from discovery to "value". I think I've said this before.

I concur.  When you're new to coin collecting and it's especially due to error & variety hunting the idea that every coin has a potential error or variety can be front of mind.  But the time investment to diagnose each coin on only potential will outweigh the actual benefits.  My suggestion, and what I employed myself in that phase, is to make a list of years & mint marks in a series with known varieties.  That way when you're coin roll hunting you can eliminate a great deal of the population and focus in on coins where you'd have pictures available to compare against.  Make one pass just separating them out, a second pass to organize by date (or do it when separating), and a third to look for the known diagnostics on each.  Production work first then knowledge work is most efficient.

If you've played video games it's akin to maximizing your grind.  So looking intently at 250 nickels out of a box for 30 minutes instead of all 2000 will allow you to churn through more boxes in a shorter timeframe.