• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Silver Eagle WW2
1 1

6 posts in this topic

2020 WW2 Silver Eagle is supposed to come out towards the end of the yr. with a mint of 75k. Is anyone else excited and nervous at the same time b/c of the 2019s enhance proof debacle? I'm going to be one of those guys and probable eBay bid on multiple pre orders. I know is sounds crazy but I can't let this coin go b/c it will be key in the set.. Anyway good luck and coin hunting..Ohhh be safe, healthy and wash your dam hands and face!!!!

On 6/19/2020 at 8:53 AM, FairTradeAct_1935 said:

2020 WW2 Silver Eagle is supposed to come out towards the end of the yr. with a mint of 75k. Is anyone else excited and nervous at the same time b/c of the 2019s enhance proof debacle? I'm going to be one of those guys and probable eBay bid on multiple pre orders. I know is sounds crazy but I can't let this coin go b/c it will be key in the set.. Anyway good luck and coin hunting..Ohhh be safe, healthy and wash your dam hands and face!!!!

Super excited for this coin, wish they'd get their act together and release a date.

I to have noticed that the mintage is extremely low.  Already got my friends interested.  Just waiting for the announcement to come and we will have a confrence call to purchase.  P.S. look for the gold coin as well.  very very low mintage.  Happy hunting!!!!

Not a debacle in my mind, a limited mintage that sold out in minutes. Some people got them some didn't, some people made money some didn't, some presumably overpaid some chose to wait.

Give it 5 years and you'll probably be able to pick one up at a reasonable price, we'll see.

Nothing that hasn't happened before. It will happen again and I'm guessing as soon as the WWII 75th Anniversary privy is released, maybe the first officially colorized coins as well but that's a topic for another thread.

1 hour ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Not a debacle in my mind,

You can't really call it a debacle when the mint got pretty much exactly what you'd expect when capping a mintage that low for a coin like that in a heavily collected series.

At the same time, the shenanigans with low mintage artificial rarities has made me lose a lot of the interest in that series that the milk spotting issue hadn't already killed.