• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 D- RPM
1 1

20 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kbbpll said:

Looks like FS-501. Nice find.

Thank you kbbpll. Looks like I’m better at spotting RPM’s than doubled dies....... lol  

On 7/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, ronnie stein said:

Another nice find GBrad, how many have you found over a year later. Still the luckiest roll searcher there is. 

Thanks Pal! I've been somewhat fortunate in finding some pretty cool Linc's since this one.  Been kinda on a cold streak lately though.  Seems the coppers just aren't as plentiful these days unless I can find the brown paper hand rolls at some of the numerous stop and robs around here.  Found a nice 82 FS-101 and a 72 DDO (not the holy grail one though) since this post.  Just trying to keep up with you. Thanks for keeping me honest!xD

Kudos to those who can justify putting uninteresting coins under scopes with such regularity. My wife would slay me on the spot.

On 7/23/2021 at 2:35 PM, VKurtB said:

Kudos to those who can justify putting uninteresting coins under scopes with such regularity. My wife would slay me on the spot.

Be nice... 5.5

On 7/23/2021 at 2:35 PM, VKurtB said:

I'm glad to see that, after this post is now over a year old, I am getting some very nice feedback on it........ I had totally forgotten about this nice RPM I found last year. Is it a retirement fund......? Nowhere close.  I'd be glad to get $5 bucks for it if I remembered where I put it.  Good Ol' Texan Ronnie Stein revived this post in which his very nice comment paid me a very nice compliment, Thanks Ronnie.

Thanks for the Kudos for us LInc roll hunters who really enjoy uninteresting coins.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it's said. Some folks have a taste for copper, some silver, some gold.  I like them all and I honestly really like you too. :luhv:

Edited by GBrad

On 7/23/2021 at 7:07 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Be nice... 5.5

You know what? For me, it would be the being “nice” that would balloon me up to 7.0. Truth needs air.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:14 PM, VKurtB said:

You know what? For me, it would be the being “nice” that would balloon me up to 7.0. Truth needs air.

What numerically associated "niceness" scale are we using here......? hm 

On 7/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, GBrad said:

What numerically associated "niceness" scale are we using here......? hm 

Centimeters of an ascending aortic aneurysm. 

Hey.... this is MY original post (albeit a year old)...... I can ask any questions here I desire.....:baiting:lol

On 7/24/2021 at 8:19 PM, VKurtB said:

Centimeters of an ascending aortic aneurysm. 

I am very familiar with aortic issues, especially a dissected aorta, which my father did not survive.  No joke.

Aside from that, I am not akin to an ascending aortic aneurysm. That cannot be good.  

On 7/24/2021 at 7:23 PM, GBrad said:

I am very familiar with aortic issues, especially a dissected aorta, which my father did not survive.  No joke.

Aside from that, I am not akin to an ascending aortic aneurysm. That cannot be good.  

Aorta diameter expands to a point where a) it bursts [widow maker coronary] or b) they literally put a tiny corset around it. I am told it is in my future, hopefully b, and hopefully not all that soon. 

On 7/24/2021 at 8:33 PM, VKurtB said:

Aorta diameter expands to a point where a) it bursts [widow maker coronary] or b) they literally put a tiny corset around it. I am told it is in my future, hopefully b, and hopefully not all that soon. 

You are a pretty tough guy and I'm sure a lot of, if not all of, people would agree.  I truly hope 'b' is your solution and "not all that soon"!  I am sure that will be the case for you VKurtB.  You have way too many more comments to post and people to help out here not only on this forum but I'm sure in life as well.  I only wish you the best brother! (For some reason I feel, and truly believe, you will be around for A LONG time to come which I am glad for)......:bigsmile:(thumbsu

On 7/24/2021 at 10:37 PM, GBrad said:

You are a pretty tough guy and I'm sure a lot of, if not all of, people would agree.  I truly hope 'b' is your solution and "not all that soon"!  I am sure that will be the case for you VKurtB.  You have way too many more comments to post and people to help out here not only on this forum but I'm sure in life as well.  I only wish you the best brother! (For some reason I feel, and truly believe, you will be around for A LONG time to come which I am glad for)......:bigsmile:(thumbsu

Having a near death injury or illness does change a person’s outlook, and even his personality some, if that injury is in or around the brain. Mine was. The biggest thing I can sense fully is mental “time compression”. To me, the 1980’s seem like last week. But I am aware that can’t be, so it’s different from Alzheimer’s. 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, VKurtB said:

Having a near death injury or illness does change a person’s outlook, and even his personality some, if that injury is in or around the brain. Mine was. The biggest thing I can sense fully is mental “time compression”. To me, the 1980’s seem like last week. But I am aware that can’t be, so it’s different from Alzheimer’s. 

I couldn’t agree with you more about how such things does change a person in many many different ways. I think I have commented in the past about myself but I also remember some of the other stuff you have had to deal with.  We WILL both make it through all of this because we are BOTH stubborn and hardheaded!! (Some things just won’t ever change….lol).