• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Computerized Grading

33 posts in this topic

I don't know anything about acoustics but eager to learn how to apply it in this use case. Do you have any material to read on the subject?

for those still interested in the camera aspect and remember the company Coinscope here is an interesting expired patent from them: https://patents.google.com/patent/US5133019

2 hours ago, RWB said:

put the computer on what it does best - routine

I can imagine something like this could easily churn through all the ASE type stuff assigning 68, 69, 70, CAM, DCAM, and the like.

My comment "something like LIDAR" is just what you're talking about, but you have way better knowledge about what that would entail.

"Sonar" - the resolution at high frequencies is comparable and the slow speed of sound gives modern digital computers time to correlate, calculate, communicate and display. (An analog computer could handle laser speed....)