• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Soo grateful to have NGC!

13 posts in this topic

It was something of a blood bath this week, I think the mods over there are of the young generation which values the safe space concept so they are quick to banish.  Like you both I appreciate NGC's more layed back stance, however that does have its own thorns from time to time as we have seen over the last week on the newbie question section with one unhinged individual.  lol  But for the most part its far more comfortable here without the ax hovering over you as it is there.

There's no love lost over there with me. If they spent half the time researching unique coins that they spend playing Stalin on their forum, I think they'd be a lot better off.

Some very well-known and long time posters got axed over there, this week, and it got very ugly.  They don't tolerate political agendas well, over there, as it is not coin related, and it became very abusive and discriminatory towards certain groups.  Honestly, I don't blame them, as it doesn't reflect well on PCGS, especially, in these turbulent times.  Although, I will miss the members who had a momentary lapse of reason....It is very unfortunate.  I post a lot over there but  the NGC forums was and is my first home.

Having reviewed some of the comments that have gotten members banned ATS, I noticed that there were comments that were somewhat ambiguous or offensive only to a very sensitive reader. My overall sense is that they are overreacting ATS, perhaps intentionally in order to finally quash political OT or generally offensive posts. Good luck with that. 

Well I have noticed it more in the last 2 months of stay at home living. I really didn't see a lot of the threads that got shut down were really offensive to anyone. Some of the threads were just basic topics of what has been going on in life and in our nation. It looked more like casual conversation to me and most threads were poofed in no time. Most people had nothing better to do than ask what everyone else were doing. Seemed pretty innocent to me but I guess ats is only concerned about their end of the hobby. 

A lot of folks thought Don was tough when he wrote the new rules, years ago. Maybe he was more fair than he got credit for. One thing is for sure, you must be very careful of what you post over there. Friendly chat should be allowed. It should be part of any coin forum.