• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1922 B 10 Francs MS 67

10 posts in this topic

Not necessarily, but not for the reason you might suppose. I just checked Ebenezer's sold listings and a couple MS-66 slabs hammered for ballpark of $250. While I'd definitely think a 67 could get more than a 66, I don't think it's 9x more.

45 minutes ago, Carter II said:

Thanks for the info. I dont see how a 63 is worth 2100 and a 67 is 300. That makes no sense to me. 

The answer is a 63 isn't worth $2100.

43 minutes ago, Carter II said:

But that's what it says on the NGC price guide 

I know. How do you interpret this?

Edited by JKK

Their price guide is very wrong. This is a super common coin even in gem. It's a hoard coin. I'd guess an MS67 around $350-$450.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:00 PM, Carter II said:

But that's what it says on the NGC price guide 

Screenshot_20200530-140008_Chrome.jpg

Unless prices come from actual sales, it is just made up.  There is no possibility that anyone or any source can possibly know the actual value of hundreds of thousands or millions of price points (coin in multiple grades).  This includes coins with no known (public) sale, whether in grade or otherwise.

I own one of these in MS65 that I bought years ago for close to melt (I think probably Melt + 20-30% but it was years ago). I can't imagine anyone giving you much over melt + 3-5% for an MS63.

For what it is worth, every price listed under every grade in the French 20-franc gold rooster series, all 16 coins, similarly bear no relation to reality. Period.