• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 buffalo nickel DDR

17 posts in this topic

I think the buffalo nickel  is a DDR in a higher grade than most buffalo nickels  in this year can anyone help me with this coin on whether to grade it or not..  

20200529_023206.jpg

20200529_023547.jpg

2 minutes ago, Brad adams said:

Ok ty very much what is the value  on a coin like that 

Let's see. Grade is about VF when you consider what look to be a lot of little dings. There is no die doubling of the valuable kind, though I see a bit of what looks like die deterioration doubling. Here's what you would be looking for as a real 35 DDR. High dealer retail looks like about $2; dealer would probably sell it for more like $1.25 and pay maybe a quarter for it. 

I like that second one.  Not sure what's going on with the lines... almost looks like post-mint damage except that it goes right up to the edges of every feature.  And they look really heavy to be die polishing marks... dunno... but it looks cool.

Just now, Brad adams said:

Ok ty very much....would u take a chance on that one on a cert or grade

I thought it was a striking error  but it may not be 

38 minutes ago, Brad adams said:

Ok ty very much....would u take a chance on that one on a cert or grade

No. $30-60 for a $1-2 coin doesn't make much sense.

5 minutes ago, Thompson2 said:

Any ideas on what that texture is on the second coin?  Interesting look... 

My vote is for abrasive PMD.

5 hours ago, JKK said:

My vote is for abrasive PMD.

That's what I thought at first, but there aren't any breaks at the feature edges like I would expect with a wire wheel or sandpaper-type abrasive... but maybe I'm underestimating someone's determination.  lol

1 hour ago, Thompson2 said:

That's what I thought at first, but there aren't any breaks at the feature edges like I would expect with a wire wheel or sandpaper-type abrasive... but maybe I'm underestimating someone's determination.  lol

I wasn't thinking cleaning.