• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lamination issue? Alloy? Help please...
1 1

11 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Thompson2 said:

Can you post full sized pics (not a collage) of the first two pics?  

If you're on a desktop just download it and zoom in. The resolution and focus are pretty good.

52 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

If you're on a desktop just download it and zoom in. The resolution and focus are pretty good.

Yup.. I'm and id10T and that worked pretty well.  Is it just lighting (or just my imagination), or is there an impression of the inner rib of the wheat actually stamped in the "damaged" area? 

This is spot here:

image.png.d8dee8637fd6be33438865b3bd657d68.png

Definitely a Lam issue. Idt it's a defective planchet though. Likely there was an IAM that was peeled off, per se. Kind of like a blow he or fissure that doesn't go all the way through. I have several similar and have never been able to come up with the correct term so I always go with Fissure because that seems to fit beat, imo.

I need just a little time, but I can get some pretty good images under my microscope...

I'll post them as soon as I've got them!

I need just a little time, but I can get some pretty good images under my microscope...

Ok... hope this helps! I don't have the greatest highest resolution microscope but is is way more powerful than a loupe!

Sat May 30 14-50-36.jpg

Sat May 30 14-51-09.jpg

Sat May 30 14-52-41.jpg

Sat May 30 14-53-12.jpg

Sat May 30 14-54-24.jpg