• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just a couple of 1974 Lincoln cents

15 posts in this topic

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761Just a couple of 1974 cents,that seems well very good look for a DD..I really have thoughts about the second 1974imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761D. It imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761 really stands out

CM200518-082213005.jpg

CM200518-082319009.jpg

CM200518-082217006.jpg

CM200518-082515014.jpg

CM200518-082556018.jpg

CM200518-080739021.jpg

CM200518-080725018.jpg

CM200518-081543046.jpg

CM200518-081516044.jpg

CM200518-081249039.jpg

CM200518-080821023.jpg

CM200518-081314040.jpg

Edited by Jonescoins

I do have a question maybe 2? Let's say if a coin would to be aluminum.it would need to be bonded with a stronger metal, that would help hold it's form otherwise it would just cave in. So if you focus to the right field of Lincoln, which is where the wear of time aged the tinted look of color.then one person came to mind ,that when they found some of his collection at least 4 was on wrong coin planchet.also with silver and aluminum mixed together.well over time you may get tarnish looking color.just was thinking.well what do you guys think? Oh An No I'm saying this  not aluminum 1974 penny

Edited by Jonescoins

I am a bit confused, if you  are asking if one of your coins is aluminum the answer is no. If you are asking about aluminum needing to be bonded to a harder metal for coinage the answer is again no. Several alloys of aluminum have been used in coinage for a hundred years or so.  

I was asking to be bonded together.an No I know neither of them are that great #1. I was in thought asking a question yet! To think about some coins we just pass by or over looked.to the degree of off color or a faint of  scratch or bunk.some of the great collectors.well most of there coins was off different coin planchet.yes truly them have came across some beautiful specimens.yet! everything that's out there that supposed to be rare and special really didn't receive a real high  grade that they received was I guess because it was the only one there at that time.as I see time goes around ,most that get found now are on the low grade.so I guess I'm just throwing thoughts out there and seeing what type of questions and answers I get back.nothing special

Forgive me! Sometimes I write out loud, just fishing to see what may be on others mind.i guess when I was saying it,that I had a person on mind.About A1985D copper penny I found.so I was told it was a one and too heavy damaged.also that's not 5 it's 1.throw it away or spend it.i never threw it away.sometimes we come to those for help,not knowing trust is a two-sided issue when asking for information.i don't I just thought this was supposed to be fun and enjoying things that we find and sharing them .I didn't know that a thing at first,,then I just sat back an observe alot of things that help me grasp things.whether you're fine bigger than mines or whoever find bigger than who's it doesn't matter I thought we was all about enjoying finding things and share them with others.thats who can you really trust.when the old coin tells it's story by it's original rim;)

CM200524-122235018.jpg

Edited by Jonescoins

Note I didn't even show the whole coin,yet! I'm sure you can see everything that's needed.so when I ask I guess to y'all stupid question like do they hand punched dates,or how is it that they fix that one number if things are like a assembly line? I wanted to know because I wanted to know the difference between a stamped over or a dryer coin

Oh guess nobody has nothing to say? see to me it didn't matter what shape it was in ,hell a 1985d copper penny is not supposed to exist! That's the key!

Edited by Jonescoins

Do you notice I don't worry about getting coins graded.if I find something I just put them up for my young ones.maybe they will be appreciated and respect the process of collecting an don't let things stop them ;)

So yeah when people tell you that that's impossible to had happened at Mint! Well we see more and more that the impossible perhaps it's possible 😉.so I ask alot of different questions.

See it's kinda hard to really trust information! Some No names ! Here that's parking lot junk,or to damaged,PM,PMD,.seems to me it's like they just  justifying what comes from the Mint and what doesnt come from the MInT.so a circulation coin has No value unless you have some type of special rarity about it.with  that being said, so I like to collect stamped over coins because when they say that can't be possible.thats what you say.then when it is displayed with details,it is then justify why it's not what it appears to be 😉.I'm like well who made it you or  the Mint.lol

Edited by Jonescoins

Yes you already know I picked these 1974 for a reason.note! That everything about these coins is visible.so let's say if this wasn't so visible,an where all those spots you see like the greenish gray tinted color.well I was told that was decaying rotted.oh did I forget to say damaged? Well now you can see where I'm going with this 😂.if these coins was not in beautiful shape,also as well as fine clearly details as you can see numbers around the rim and surface of the coin.why didn't one of you tell me these are damaged? Oh clearly you see the date around the rim .so yes I gotta Question.please tell me why these are not damaged coins ?oh an I'm sure you can tell these coins was never cleaned ! 

Edited by Jonescoins

Hi Jonescoins,

Your coins has a lot of, what i would think is, damage, If you ask this group for their opinion then that's what you're going to get. they don't have time to sugarcoat anything and that not their job. If you want to save your cons for your son that is your call. I was saving a lot of coins but my son said he didn't want them and they are not worth saving. I put them up here and this group tells me the same thing. lollol  if you save coins with damage they with just continue to get worse. 

Good luck with you search,

G