• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

should i get any of these graded. or sell them on ebay and for how much??

10 posts in this topic

Unless you see something I don't I can't see anything worth more than face value.

They look like regular State and America the Beautiful quarters with hundreds of millions of each produced.

9 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Unless you see something I don't I can't see anything worth more than face value.

They look like regular State and America the Beautiful quarters with hundreds of millions of each produced.

there isn't any error that i can see but they're supposed to be low mintage and in relatively good shape so I hope they are worth something more than face value.. 

so many people have coins like this on ebay for thousands of dollars which i thinks is  ridiculous. since I'm not a very grader I would like your opinion before I post them for sale.  

thank you for your help,

G

I don't know where you got the idea that they are low mintage, as I stated earlier there were hundreds of millions of each series minted and they are by no means scarce. You can buy a complete set of 52 uncirculated on eBay for under $25.00.

Could you please give us a link to where someone is selling them for thousands of dollars? Sounds like something you would see on estey

36 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

I don't know where you got the idea that they are low mintage, as I stated earlier there were hundreds of millions of each series minted and they are by no means scarce. You can buy a complete set of 52 uncirculated on eBay for under $25.00.

Could you please give us a link to where someone is selling them for thousands of dollars? Sounds like something you would see on estey

yes.  is estey wrong or illegal? what are they?

Etsy isn't illegal, it is just populated by a whole bunch of people listing coins at anywhere from 100 to 10,000 times what they are worth hoping to snag someone with more money than knowledge.

Beware of any of this "get rich from pocket change" junk out there. There was one a while back, can't recall which coin, where it was hyped because it was listed on Etsy for $80k, and then it was popping up elsewhere as if it actually sold for $80k. I also suspect (but can't prove) that some of these Etsy listings get marked sold with a ridiculous price by the sellers just so they can use it in hype videos. Look at actual, real, sold prices at reputable sources before you start thinking your common coins have any value.

4 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Etsy isn't illegal, it is just populated by a whole bunch of people listing coins at anywhere from 100 to 10,000 times what they are worth hoping to snag someone with more money than knowledge.

well it's a good thing i have you guys and lady's to keep me on the right road.. you have know ideal how much you have help me!!! trust me i have no money and don't want to buy any coins!! My Son, who is wonderful wants nothing to do with any thing i have. lollol but i have sell or get rid of it!! 

thank you,

G

Yes, even as a newbie it is obvious that some sellers (including some on ebay) will deliberately collude to "buy" their own listings at an inflated price in order to drive up the market.

So when I find myself asking "Why did someone just pay over $2,000 for a basic two-coin set of 2013 silver eagles?" the answer is "they didn't; it was the seller."