• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019-D penny Spiked Head
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Didn't think I would find one of these. Especially on a 2019. Cool ad this one to my collection. Sorry guy's I ended up up with four rolls of 2019 penny's out of a box. There the last, but didn't think I would find anything,Β it proved me wrong. Lol

20200522_163912.jpg

20200522_164033.jpg

Edited by Hinkle
Spelled spiked wrong

I'm not sure where you got that term in the thread title, but unless it's some famous numismatist's name, I think you might want to modify it in some haste.

My bad JKK, no it's nothing about anything famous or anything else. Sometimes when you're doing research some people call it that. I thought it would be cool. Really it's just a die crack. 😁

Unless you intended to use a different word and spelled it wrong, the word you chose is a derogatory term for someone of Latin American descent, and is very likely to offend readers of this forum.

Β 

I think what you may be referring to is a SPIKE HEAD, which is a term used to describe a Lincoln Cent with a die crack running from the top of the head to the rim. You were on the right track,Β  just unfortunate spelling.

You might want to change the spelling to spike.

Edited by Greenstang
Added copy

Sorry everyone, wow can't believe I did that. I'll watch my spellings next time.😬

2 minutes ago, Hinkle said:

Sorry everyone, wow can't believe I did that. I'll watch my spellings next time.😬

Good idea. Can't speak for anyone else, but as a Spanish-speaking Anglo who has spent much of his life close to Hispanic America, that's one of those words I wouldn't even use kidding around with a real good friend. It'd end the friendship. And if it weren't a real good friend, it could get me a lot of trouble.

7 minutes ago, JKK said:

Good idea. Can't speak for anyone else, but as a Spanish-speaking Anglo who has spent much of his life close to Hispanic America, that's one of those words I wouldn't even use kidding around with a real good friend. It'd end the friendship. And if it weren't a real good friend, it could get me a lot of trouble.

I fixed it.πŸ˜“

32 minutes ago, Hinkle said:

I fixed it.πŸ˜“

Much better. Glad you did the right thing.