• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheat penny help identify

134 posts in this topic

I don't think that identifying the year will add anything to the value. That one is only worth a cent,  if you can get someone to accept it.

It is copper, though, so as Karen Holcomb suggested in another thread, it might be worth saving in case you need to melt it down to make ammo for the Zombie Apocalypse. 

Ok thank.i was asking what's the date look like to you.yes I get it.thats why didn't want to show whole picture just the date.to see what I was seeing that's all.you said it doesn't matter because it's too corroded.ok 👍.I know it doesn't add value to the date, however is it 1943S  because that's what I'm seeing.yes .I understand that it's not worth nothing.still it's worth keeping to say I have one, regardless of it's condition.

Edited by Jonescoins

You know I can understand, that you may have terms on how you give out information.you can see there's a 🦁 Head coming out of Lincoln chest.even the mouth and nose are visible bottom of Lincoln at rim .yet! You say it's badly corroded, we'll just as being a 1943's penny give their value copper.nope never seen a Rim formed like that.

That's the part I guess I don't get because if you said to date don't matter and I'm asking you if I'm seeing a 1943's and you ain't said nothing no response or you want to say you were done okay you said I can ask question so I'm asking questions. I'm telling you what I say no question you see it also I guess there's a reason why you told me it doesn't give it 1943 S No value to it.then when I show the pic , which showed the date and the error I was requiring about.if it's only to be 10 to 15 to exist,,to know one more mint error has been found? .

Edited by Jonescoins

Here's my theory if you notice if you take a look at the date 1943 if you focus in above that you will see the same 1943 above that you said that it might be corroded okay my opinion I think it was double stamp in the dye didn't take because if you look closely to all those dark spots where you see the silver Shining, it seem like all those areas are, It want to shine through it's true form  the coin want to preserve itself.really. Lincoln face is doubling,so yet! Some coins are in fact labeled in some areas with that same type of die lining. Besides for 1753 coin is very old yes.so it should have wear and damaged, still does that not show the real facts of the coin showing itself around the rim.so me asking if you seeing what I'm seeing? So why should that have been a problem?1943S 😉

Edited by Jonescoins

Well please tell us why is that? If it's nothing then tell me it's not a 1943S ! Or overly strong 💪 1753 V_coin ? I want to know? besides look how strongly it takes over to wheat ears and look how the strongly takes over the hair of the head line of Lincoln's head do you see how the letter still standing out to from the old coin in silver? Where it truly looks like dye is just covering it

Edited by Jonescoins

I thought it looked like an overly strong 1753 V coin the very second I saw it, so, in my opinion, it's not a 1943S. Real nice find, I wish I had one, especially one that is absolutely beautifully toned like yours. You should get it graded Jonescoins, it might get 'Specimen' graded, and that means it could be worth $183,500 or so. Research it and see if you can find another coin like it so you can compare yours to it. 

To all of you guys,I do apologise if I seemed aggressive about it in the beginning.never mean any harm I promise you! Sometimes having something in your direct eyes sight,is much different than just pictures because you actually feel and see it.So no I don't know how to judge anyone else coins But my own.so yes I hear you at times and I do listen.sometimes things can be challenging.still thank you all for your help

22 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I don't think that identifying the year will add anything to the value. That one is only worth a cent,  if you can get someone to accept it.

It is copper, though, so as Karen Holcomb suggested in another thread, it might be worth saving in case you need to melt it down to make ammo for the Zombie Apocalypse. 

Wait, what? I was keeping my Morgans to melt for ammo for vampires and werewolves...are you saying I need to keep copper too for zombies?

On 5/22/2020 at 4:43 PM, Kirt said:

Wait, what? I was keeping my Morgans to melt for ammo for vampires and werewolves...are you saying I need to keep copper too for zombies?

Thanks Ronnie Stein.oh yeah you tell just Bob .a picture is worth more than a thousand words 😉👍 stamped over a 1753 silver v Coin .ok yes thank you.you gave yourself away when you didn't want to say it wasn't a 1943S .so yeah something don't need to shine ,Or for that matter fit your demand even if you dislike the fact that it was me who found it.! So regardless.thank you even when you was at times giving me good information.so how long have you been doing it to people? Since you can't say it, well I'm I'm quite sure the viewers can see this

CM200523-095954006.jpg

Edited by Jonescoins

Hey my ammo is better than yours,I can take care of all 3 werewolf, vampires and the walking dead.i like the walking dead,it's the ones that think they are alive and smart you gotta watch out for 😀

Edited by Jonescoins

On 5/22/2020 at 11:32 AM, Jonescoins said:

If it's nothing then tell me it's not a 1943S

OK, it is NOT a 1943 S copper cent.  It is a very heavily corroded wheat cent of undeterminable date and as such if sent in will either come back as a no grade no service, or as a 19XX wheat cent corroded and you will have paid $40+ dollars to learn that you have a wheat cent worth one cent.

And all of the corrosion (and wishful thinking) is resulting in a bad case of paradalia. (the mind trying to find patterns in random data and seeing things which aren't really there.)

Ok thank you! Besides I never said I was sending it in ,An some have a different opinion about what you may think.besides picture don't lie, you can see right to it's surface with good aging. Once more I never seen any coin great a perfect grad.so wait does that mean that no matter they all are damaged,An it starts where ;) .? People are starting to see the misguided information that comes.so yes ok 👍 .if not a 1943S over a 1753 V- Coin .then the Rim it self must be lying, sir it's almost as visible as it gets.so are you worry about if or not I have it submitted? $50 is not bad to have something of a grading company bless it ,;) 

Edited by Jonescoins