• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1986 D/S Lincoln cent DD

31 posts in this topic

Hey guys šŸ˜‰I have this 1986D . looks pretty good šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘. maybe I will get a approved this time lol . well let me know what you think.i see doubling on the šŸ‘ƒ nose.also the spike at the bottom ear, extra face doubling around the eyes and mouth.looking at WE in God we trust.see heavy doubling.oh did mention it's a nice looking cent.oh IĀ  did the dumbest thing,I had 2 these an I wanted to know why it looks the way it do.so hint ! No zinc.so now I have a trashed one ,so I'm trying to see if anyone else seen this before?

CM200515-181156009.jpg

CM200515-181420010.jpg

CM200515-182109020.jpg

CM200515-182159021.jpg

CM200515-181536015.jpg

CM200515-181800019.jpg

Edited by Jonescoins

Listen I'm not good with pictures, however I'm sure see what's going on.its ok that I have something, beside it's part of your job.when have you seen a zinc cent with a rim like this.an the more close I get the more it get blurry.an you guys already know that! So yes I get it . because if you have some information about this you would have given it to me by now .so I get it .an thank you

15896642138641304265835.jpg

15896643297391641267874.jpg

15896645615631774989305.jpg

15896646982931857993650.jpg

Ok that say alot! Because you were saying it's a damage coin.so I guess I'm doing better lol.anyhow I never seen anything like it and once more I understand lol.

Ā 

I agree with greenstang, kbbpll, and the rest seeing no DD just a normal 86. I had a few 85s ,86s,and 87s that didn't look like zinc. But my trustee scale proved they were zinc. Spend 15 bucks on a scale somewhere then weigh it. Just saying if you're thrashing it like you're saying to figure out different. Than that coin is damaged,Ā  it's no good to anyone. And lost out on a lot $$. But this is just telling me it is zinc and nothing else. You pretty much put yourself in a situation that you're not wanting to learn you want everyone to agree with you. So do everything the right way on here then everyone can answer your questions the way you want them answered. C'mon seriously ,just listen to what there telling you.

1 hour ago, Jonescoins said:

So do you have any information about a zinc cent looking like this?

It looks like a normal zinc cent, what is it about it that doesn't look like one to you?Ā  I really don't understand the question.

8 minutes ago, l.cutler said:

It looks like a normal zinc cent, what is it about it that doesn't look like one to you?Ā  I really don't understand the question.

I'm thinking he seeing the strong strike of the coin and the fine details rim/lettering date ect... that looks almost similar to a copper coin. Mine looked the same as this one. Until I weighed it. It confuses some people that does a quick glance. So he narrowed it down from a dd to so call cooper. But in this case he hears you all but knows its zinc. And on the other hand it sounds like he given you all a hard time and pushing buttons to see how far he can go with out explaining what he wants to know. It's pretty sad and wrong. That's why I tip my hat to the rest of you for having lot of patience. Never know I may be wrong. If that's the case then let me know. But I think I'm right. Just saying. But in all sense it's a guessing game.

Thank you! Also they are very good with information šŸ‘,yet! I know they give alot of people the run around .get it's ok.because what I don't get from them, well you guys step in an help out so thank you šŸ˜Š šŸ‘

8 minutes ago, Jonescoins said:

Thank you! Also they are very good with information šŸ‘,yet! I know they give alot of people the run around .get it's ok.because what I don't get from them, well you guys step in an help out so thank you šŸ˜Š šŸ‘

Given good information indeed. But given people the run around wrong. Your not understanding what good information and learning is. You just not excepting the truth and not happy that you were rude and being annoying. Every since I've been in this forum I have read a lot. There might have been cutten up or everyone just having a good time. But I have not yet seen anyone stir others the wrong way. So please understand ,your doing this to yourself. This hobby is great, so happy hunting to you.

Hey when you focus the reverse side Lincoln statue is doubled.i don't say what I think I because well to be told your seeing something lol.its one thing see it in picture,yet! To see it in your own eyes with hands on is different.so yeah.i do get what they do . anyhow details don't lie

CM200515-182109020.jpg

To my understanding that's plate splitting not DD. Nobody is saying your a problem. Your worked hard making yourself that way. You must have a hard time sinking in the truth. This is not a counseling forum for personal problems your going through. But there's help out there in your community for that. We all talk about truth on coins and that's all. Just saying.Ā 

I wasn't going to reply, until you act like your has a different sent now .lol.oh I can remember when you yourself was very challenging,oh yeah did you forget? Until you got the hang of it! Now you got something slab,so now you the show now really lol

7 minutes ago, Jonescoins said:

I wasn't going to reply, until you act like your has a different sent now .lol.oh I can remember when you yourself was very challenging,oh yeah did you forget? Until you got the hang of it! Now you got something slab,so now you the show now really lol

YourĀ  funny!! It's not working bud. You have a long road to figure anything out. Good luck on that.

He is also an alt. He was on this forum before, under a different name. Maybe two different names. (It is hard to keep up with all of the name changes/alt accounts sometimes.)

There is another guy on here that has had at least three different names.

57 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

He is also an alt. He was on this forum before, under a different name. Maybe two different names. (It is hard to keep up with all of the name changes/alt accounts sometimes.)

I'm not sure if it's an alt or another case of waaay too many "strike it rich from pocket change" videos.

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

One of the advantages to inept writing is that it presents easily recognized patterns.

I knew who it was a couple months back. But I didn't pay any attention to it, because if thats how someone wants to be, to do what they do, then I have bigger and better problems to work on then messing with someone like that. What he doesn't understand , getting into one of my threads while back under a different profile name, I was nice and helping him out and explaining what to say or do to get good information on his coin's. It's true you know who it is buy there typing/recognize patterns. Story short, he didn't want to take any advice. But doing what he's sitting there doing, that's uncalled for. Nobody deserves that. Where I come from, we call certain ones like that clowns. It a nicer way of saying haters. But there's nothing wrong having one hanging around. It's sad, but I hope he figures out what he's wanting to learn more about the hobby. Best of luck to him.

We've got a couple that do this: poop the bed on their account, then rather than kick the habit, find a new bed to poop by starting a new account. I usually spot them early on because their patterns repeat--not just semiliteracy, but behavior patterns. The forum has some saints who will keep helping them almost forever, holding noses increasingly until a threshold is reached.

3 hours ago, JKK said:

We've got a couple that do this: poop the bed on their account, then rather than kick the habit, find a new bed to poop by starting a new account. I usually spot them early on because their patterns repeat--not just semiliteracy, but behavior patterns. The forum has some saints who will keep helping them almost forever, holding noses increasingly until a threshold is reached.

Right! And what's confusing is there's another one in here that has the same way of speaking. In there threads. So I'm just putting two together and thinking there running off two pro files than just one. But this one was so obvious. But also I could be wrong.Ā :gossip:Ā but don't say anything about it,Ā because it's there little secret. Lol. AhahahahĀ