• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a question

12 posts in this topic

GM 🌞.I was just checking over Lincoln cent.when I noticed that Lincoln head , which is coming through the memorial building clearly and his now tie can be seen at the edge of the left side bottom corner building.didnt want to post a pic yet.sorry just wanted to make sure their clear picture,Also because of a heavy over working die clash.that also caused a bad die lamination break, causing old coinage to clash with the new over worked die.if I'm even saying right lol.anyway . even the coin planchet looks off almost like a reddish brick color.i didn't want to be rude,so I only placed what I find oddly strange.note the date and mint mark what do you guys think.? Well have a good day

CM200515-041854004.jpg

@kbbpll & @Just Bob,

Gentlemen, please...the cent in question has had a hard life, it's true, but if it can find some other cent to love it there's nothing we can see about its genotype that would indicate a proliferation of gouged, dinged, and otherwise deformed progeny! At the very least, it's still a purebred rather than one of those horrid Zincoln mutts. :grin:

1 minute ago, Greenland said:

how did you do this.. so cool

I just wish I could blow glass like that. I got that picture off of Ebay.

I remember seeing these in souvenir shops and travel stops like Stuckeys when I was a kid.

1 minute ago, Just Bob said:

I just wish I could blow glass like that. I got that picture off of Ebay.

I remember seeing these in souvenir shops and travel stops like Stuckeys when I was a kid.

My grandfather had boat in a bottle. I saw it up in Canada in my younger day? its absolutely fascinating how they can do that without damaging either of them.. the law of physics.. take care.

G

No Just Bob, we need a clearer cropped picture of BOTH sides, then we can TRY to give you our thoughts on its grade. Get ready to accept our opinions good or bad, but I can tell you it looks to be a normal 1987 Lincoln cent. That said, the cork has a die crack on top.