• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC no notification after 5 days and paying for express
1 1

43 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

As noted in another thread a few hours ago, I sent in one (1) coin on 2/14/2021 -- nearly four (4) months ago -- and have yet to hear from anyone.  C'est la vie!

Somebody had a nice chicken dinner?

FWIW one can enter the tracking number to at least make sure one's package is safely tucked away. I sent a coin in for conservation 20 days ago and the package has been in storage at NGC for 18 days. From the posts above it looks like I will need patience. I sent a foreign coin in not too long ago and the turnaround was fine. I suspect there is a glut of modern new issue backing things up. Is it that time of year? 

Have you not seen the stories about NGC hiring hundreds of folks for Sarasota? That tells me something. It tells me they’re woefully understaffed down there. Maybe the extra unemployment payments? Maybe people don’t want to come back to work? Regardless, being short handed means delays. They’re working on it, I promise you. Maybe part of it is they are kicking the P-people’s butts. 

The recent release of the 2021 dollars will for sure be having a big impact on the turnaround times, I have no doubt that there are boxes and boxes of those new dollars showing up every day and lots of flippers that need those graded right now in order to meet their eBay presales.   Turnarounds are going to be very slow for awhile now.

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

The recent release of the 2021 dollars will for sure be having a big impact on the turnaround times, I have no doubt that there are boxes and boxes of those new dollars showing up every day and lots of flippers that need those graded right now in order to meet their eBay presales.   Turnarounds are going to be very slow for awhile now.

Not yet. They are not shipping until October at the earliest. 

11 hours ago, aahhawaiian@aol.com said:

ngc nightmare grading times !!!! I sent express and paid express and it has been 40 days and they have not even checked it in. I have sent 3 orders after to pcgs they are graded and sitting in my vault. This is a new problem they have always been great. covid problems no no no. pcgs is in california they are stricter than anyone. I think the staff has a problem with management and they are no longer there. They need help and i hope they get it !

Now wait just a minute.  How are we to believe anything you say, when just a few days ago you said you were leaving, yet here you are?

Im Outta Here!!

10 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

As noted in another thread a few hours ago, I sent in one (1) coin on 2/14/2021 -- nearly four (4) months ago -- and have yet to hear from anyone.  C'est la vie!

Yikes. 

15 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

Doubtful modern stuff like this would ever reach the eyes of most coin graders. They are likely graded by modern-only graders.

And even if every single 2021 Morgan were submitted to NGC, the modern graders blow thru these type coins at an amazing rate. 

1 hour ago, gmarguli said:

Doubtful modern stuff like this would ever reach the eyes of most coin graders. They are likely graded by modern-only graders.

And even if every single 2021 Morgan were submitted to NGC, the modern graders blow thru these type coins at an amazing rate. 

Yes, true. These coins do not warrant much attention and don’t get it, WHEN they come out, which is at least 4 months away. And mine will stay in the OGP, where they belong. 

Edited by VKurtB

I just looked at the list of job openings. Lots of support openings. Openings across the spectrum. Ancients to comics. Looks like NGC is experiencing a ton of demand from multiple quarters. I wonder what this tells collectors. 

1 minute ago, LINCOLNMAN said:

I just looked at the list of job openings. Lots of support openings. Openings across the spectrum. Ancients to comics. Looks like NGC is experiencing a ton of demand from multiple quarters. I wonder what this tells collectors. 

It tells me too many people are submitting too much meshugas for grading.