• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes can it be a new discovery

22 posts in this topic

Yes I believe I came across something very rare.let me know what you guys think about it please.i have more better picture, thank you to the lady Karen,👍 .so I'm waiting to really reveal some pictures of this Rare 1982D/S oh yes small copper date :) or should I wait an show a 1933 ;)IMG_20200508_072834215.thumb.jpg.abe1da683cabd788376eb00dc2d0ced0.jpg

IMG_20200508_072920662.jpg

Don't wait very long to show the very Rare1982 D/S small copper date, show it now so we can see it. How did you come across it? Suspenseful indeed.

Now let me see if I'm saying it 😂 right.on the date of 1982.note .the post broken during die compression, even the polished 3 has welded around the 2 which caused the bend and twist a deform2..on the bottom right handed of the D you can see the detail of the S of the mint mark.oh one 👌 thing. As you can see how the 8 looks a little wider? Well if you take focus on the date 1982.in the 8 which was cleaned up and polished,so that the old coinage couldn't show up.well as you can see it left traces of the old 3 . that is why the 8 seems somewhat wider.

Edited by Jonescoins

I'm glad you said that.because now a question would tell what matters and when it matter! I the second part of pictures the second photo,tell me that carry no weight of how  the 3 looks more on top of the 2 ? An large date came out with a small 2 date in it? Because what I was taught and learned by some of you.to tell the difference by that 2 .so I'm here to be corrected.

CM200509-140855019.jpg

CM200509-140726016.jpg

CM200509-141149022.jpg

Compare your coin to these pictures,and you will see that yours is a large date: (notice the curve of the "2" and the distance from its base to the coin's rim)

1982large2-126x127.jpg

1982large-352x251.jpg

1982small2-108x115.jpg

1982small-353x252.jpg

16 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

All I see is a 1982 D Large Date. What else am I supposed to be looking for?

Ok let's say if it is a large date! Mind you that there is a 3 clearly visible, which will give it the large date appearance .or I guess you going to say that don't matter

So yes I seen that many times.im asking when do it matter,why or how do it matter in cases such as such? You see clearly that 2 is covered by a 3 .or is there D/S .so what's going on with my date here ? 

So now it's like trying to tell me that dates are punched to? Because I'm trying to understand how when broken Post work with somethings and not others? That's all guys not fighting or arguing with you.i really want to know

I don't "clearly see" anything. The pictures are much too blurry. I can tell you this much, though. Your coin does not have a 2 over a 3, or a 3 over a 2.

13 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Compare your coin to these pictures,and you will see that yours is a large date: (notice the curve of the "2" and the distance from its base to the coin's rim)

1982large2-126x127.jpg

1982large-352x251.jpg

1982small2-108x115.jpg

14 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

1982large2-126x127.jpg

1982large-352x251.jpg

1982small2-108x115.jpg

1982small-353x252.jpg

No disrespect Just Bob.that don't do not look anything what I have

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

Then I don't know what to tell you. I will bow out of this conversation, and let someone else have a go.

Smart decision.

Pictures are not good at all, but I see a normal large date 1982 D with some damage to the date area.  Post some clearer pictures if you can but I just don't think you have anything here.

CM200510-074344004.thumb.jpg.9c90d1bd1d606ea9ab1cbf8ff71cb3d4.jpgGM 🌞. to all . first my apologies to Just Bob.i just wanted to learn when things apply and why and how not in some matters.the surface of the coin has risen, to which as some of swelling causing the date to have appearance of a large date to me my opinion.because of old coinage, that in this case causing the PM Damaged.looking at the 2 .where just as the 2 curving, leftovers of coinage breakage4 minute rule to make it look wider but it's not if you look in between the two willikers you receive that's another piece of metal or debris causing that affect.yes could be a large date! However it's still would be a error? Asking do they punched dates? Because it's very odd how they can clean and polished so called coinage.well I'm sure these pictures will show I meant no harm.just wasn't seeing what you wanted to see.so am I just seeing where they tried clearing what look like 1788;) which is why the raise of the surface from the old coinage.which has changed or caused broken Post and pmd .that's my opinion

CM200510-075359006.jpg

CM200510-071830001.jpg

CM200510-072933002.jpg

CM200510-071830001.jpg

This will be my last reply to this post.

If you understood the minting process, then you would know that what you are saying is impossible. The dates are not hand punched and are permanently engraved into the die so added numbers or letters just can't happen. What you have is a regular Large Date 1982 cent and nothing more. Please believe what everyone is trying to tell you and don't try to create something that isn't there.