• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it pronounced Double die or Doubled die? I've only been collecting for 6 days now🤹.

9 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2020 at 7:22 AM, Greenstang said:

How can you only have been collecting six days when you have been a member for about 1 1/2 years?

Slow learner.  It's taken 1 1/2 years to acquire 6 days of knowledge.  :)

Technically it is a “doubled die” and not a “double die” but more people use the incorrect term “double die” than the correct terminology.  I think this is because of the two

D’s together at the end of the first and the beginning of the second word.  The “elision” process causes both D’s  to be dropped because it is just easier to say “double die”.

On 5/31/2020 at 8:30 PM, t-arc said:

Technically it is a “doubled die” and not a “double die” but more people use the incorrect term “double die” than the correct terminology.  I think this is because of the two

D’s together at the end of the first and the beginning of the second word.  The “elision” process causes both D’s  to be dropped because it is just easier to say “double die”.

[Off-tangent query:  any theory as to how baby's mother became baby mama?]

On 8/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Off-tangent query:  any theory as to how baby's mother became baby mama?]

Sloppy diction. Why do you ask?