• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC certification tool images?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Photos are not available for every NGC certified coin, if you have a coin that was graded prior to when NGC started taking photos of each coin there will not be any photos to see.

I am aware of that, but that is not the issue in this case. No matter what coins I look up, it says "images are not currently available. please try again later"

Even coins that were recently graded have this message, and have had it for the past 4 or 5 days at least. 

Ok, with a low post count its possible that your new to the NGC site and were not aware.  I suggest you post your question in the ask NGC section of the forums, that's the best place for an inquiry of this nature.

I have, the post is pending approval and hasn't been responded to, hence my post here. I guess I'm concerned after multiple emails to them as well with no response.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? It would be nice to know that I'm not the only one unable to view images, at least for now....

Would be especially nice if NGC could address this with either an ETA on a fix or at the very least acknowledgment of this issue that's been ongoing for days, how has no one else posted about this yet?

Some type of glitch I guess, when I view my registry sets coins that have the NGC photos those photos show up just fine, yet when I go to verify one of those coins I get the same message.

• Administrator

Hello everyone,

We were experiencing an internal server issue this past week which caused some images to not load properly. This issue was fixed yesterday and everything should be back to normal. 

I have the same issue with the NGC app. No photos ever load to view, on phone and tablet. It’s very inconvenient when I look up a coin for a purchase or sale. NGC’s site works fine but I prefer to use the app vs carrying multiple slabs with me or carrying a long list of certification numbers. Sharing a picture of my issue. Pics used to show but now this what I see on every coin. 

7DCC6DAB-69DF-46F9-B52C-59F0AE60D809.png

On 4/29/2020 at 1:27 PM, mn0t3s said:

Does anyone know why images for coins have been missing from NGC's cert look up tool for several days now? Are they returning any time soon? 

I’m having the same issue with the app but not the full site. No coins are showing images not even in my online collection that I know have pictures. Have to close out the app after looking up a coin just to back out of the previous screen. It’s sure is annoying!

As Matt G noted on May 1, it's likely a system problem. A range of difficulties have been evident for about a month.

It's also possible some of Santa's elves got drunk and started betting on dreidel falls ( nun, gimel, hey or chai, and shin) instead of tending to the server farm.

• Administrator

Hello Everyone,

The issue on the website was short-lived and was fixed back in April/Early May. The issue with the NGC App seems to be only affecting iPhone users. We noticed that images are appearing on the website but not the app for this device type. This has been reported to our IT team and they are hoping to have it resolved in the coming weeks. Please note that an App bug takes a bit more time than a website bug as we must submit a new app to be reviewed and approved in the app store. 

Thank you for your patience and have a happy holiday.