• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Gold Buffalo
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Most modern bullion coins come back as 70 or 69...the floor is usually a 68....I presume they were in fact Proofs which is why they got the PF designation.  Regular bullion that LOOKED proof-like would get a PL.

Yes, I’m wondering about the ratio. Normally I would have 2 And mostly 3 out of 3 at PF70. Seems odd to only have 1 of 3. I have been buying every year since it came out they came out in 2006 and 90% come back PF70

Edited by catman

2 hours ago, catman said:

Yes, I’m wondering about the ratio. Normally I would have 2 And mostly 3 out of 3 at PF70. Seems odd to only have 1 of 3. I have been buying every year since it came out they came out in 2006 and 90% come back PF70

Vagaries of grading...maybe you got 2 coins that legitimately weren't PF70....how do they look to you ?  Look at them under a lens.

I wouldn't worry, you can always submit more or buy what you want for a decent premium.

🐓:  Hey, Q!  My proof is proofier than yours.

Q.A.:  Maybe so but the only opinion that counts is My Cousin Vinny's.  This incremental grading craze at stratospheric heights, a/k/a Mint State, is as unfathomable now as it was way back when. Anybody still remember a time when a Proof coin, was just that: a Proof coin, and nothing else?  Jeez!  Carry on, gentlemen...