• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunset Collection

14 posts in this topic

Anyone have any information on the Sunset Collection? I was just curious about the size and perhaps an estimate of coins and owned and estimated value. Seems like coins from the collection have been on the market at various auction houses for quite some time. Coins are fantastic grade wise and seem to cover most denominations.

Edited by Simple Collector

I bid on a couple at GC, but the competition was crazy and most have gone for moon money.  I don't know who the consignment came from but either its the largest private collection (non registry collection) I've ever seen or some of the lots are not meeting reserves (or the consigner is rebuying) and the lots are being relisted.

22 minutes ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

What kind of coins -- Morgan Dollars ?

No this collection covers many different series, I had bids on some Mercury dimes.

This collection never seems to end. They're in Part 105 now : )

I was very curious about this collection myself, but I never found any information about it.

10 hours ago, numisport said:

I have followed these at GC but have quit before the moon money was bid. Here are a couple I did win.

691533-3 (1).jpg

723540-3 (1).jpg

Lovely, at least you managed to come out with a few coins from the collection! Now be sure to mention this to anyone buying them in the future, specially at GC, so you can land that moon money.

GC's photography of the coins is a definite plus as well, enjoy your new wins : )