• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me with a Question please.

4 posts in this topic

If the coin are inspected why the last person that punched mint mark if the coin is damaged why is it still put into population?.oh yes! I will post pictures when someone give me a good answer 😀. because some is overflowing the rim, where the reverse side looks wonderful for a circulated coin.im only saying even the texture of the coin feel totally different.maybe stamped overed or maybe someone can tell me it's on a different coin planch.

Edited by Jonescoins

Just one to start with 👍.yes a 1972 D penny as the reverse side looks wonderful.oh did I forget get to mention Rare find 😀 just messing

IMG_20200421_101248761.jpg

IMG_20200421_101425499.jpg

Edited by Jonescoins

The obverse is severely damaged. It is not on the wrong planchet, and it has not been re-used.

The mint does not "stamp over" used coins. They do not take old coins, throw them in the hopper, and run them back through the press. If they ever reused old coins in any form, they first melted them down.

Here is what to do: take a pre-1982 cent to a parking lot or road. (Watch out for traffic) Place it obverse side down on the concrete or asphalt, then pound the dickens out of it with a rubber mallet, keeping the reverse side up the whole time. It won't take long for the obverse to look very much like your coin. That is why we call them "parking lot coins."

It is damage  - pure and simple.