1969 d/s Lincoln cent
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Well while picking,I found this 1969d/s and which seems to be off coin planchet.yes! Worn and damaged true! Slightly doubling Obverse and reverse side building.so what do you guys think and see? I hope they good picturesIMG_20200417_022201791.thumb.jpg.9c411504c54d3d61d7761096ca85f051.jpg

IMG_20200417_021953023.jpg

IMG_20200417_022506628.jpg

IMG_20200417_022700930.jpg

IMG_20200417_021956888.jpg

Edited by Jonescoins
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you 😊👍.hey I can admit,that I see maybe more than I should lol.how did it became this way ? The color didn't fit cent ! However I'm learning,so there's no D/S :( I only was lucky about one coin.maybe I'm in the wrong hobby lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have a question? If we coin roll Hunt, is it a waste of time to even look through rolls from the bank or anyplace else.if they are only really PD ,PM, worn and damaged coins because it sounds like if they come out of circulation they not worth it or to be graded?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it's OK to spend the coin. 

It would be super rare to find anything in circulation worth grading fees.  I'm sure there are key date treasures out there yet to be discovered, but again super rare.  You may find it helpful to search online to read about the difference between mechanical doubling (worthless) and actual double die coins. 

Good luck with the hunt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jonescoins said:

I do have a question? If we coin roll Hunt, is it a waste of time to even look through rolls from the bank or anyplace else.if they are only really PD ,PM, worn and damaged coins because it sounds like if they come out of circulation they not worth it or to be graded?

Is it a waste of time? I guess that depends on your reason for searching

If you are searching just for rare high value coins, then, yes, it is a waste of time.

If you are searching to learn more about coins and make up a nice set of business strike coins, then it is a fabulous use of time.

and every now and then you may just get lucky, I turned a little over $180 face value worth of coins found roll searching into over $9000. 

Things like that happen once and you use up all your luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Moxie15 said:

I turned a little over $180 face value worth of coins found roll searching into over $9000. 

Congrats Moxie 15, you must be good and lucky $180>$9000. I've searched about $800 fv of lincolns last 3 months and found hardly anything. Thought I'd found some CAM'S and WAM's several times, only to lean back up and realize I'd been looking at the coin next to it. All look dbl eared and dbl eyed after 4 or 5 hrs., time to give it up and go to sleep. The only die crack I'm going to see.is in my house foundation if I don't get a dolly and wheel some of these pennies out of here. Keep up the good work.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ronnie stein said:

Congrats Moxie 15, you must be good and lucky $180>$9000. I've searched about $800 fv of lincolns last 3 months and found hardly anything. Thought I'd found some CAM'S and WAM's several times, only to lean back up and realize I'd been looking at the coin next to it. All look dbl eared and dbl eyed after 4 or 5 hrs., time to give it up and go to sleep. The only die crack I'm going to see.is in my house foundation if I don't get a dolly and wheel some of these pennies out of here. Keep up the good work.

 

that was 13 or 14 years ago. Since then I have probably looked through $9000 in rolls and haven't found enough to say so.  Used up my luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1