• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the first question is.....

36 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Name the model for Miss Liberty on the Peace Dollar of 1921-35.

First post that correctly answers the above question wins 4 FREE NGC Earlybird submissions.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

I think I misspelled her name with my first answer... Teresa Cafarelli (Mrs. de Francisci).

blush.gif Hoot

Arch, you are half right, it was Ethal Merman after she won the 1921 swimming contest in her jr high school meet, The water girls grand mother took second.

Really I believe it was the lady herself, you know the one from France, Miss Liberty, the statue of Liberty.

The designer, Anthony di Francisci of the Peace Dollar used his wife, Teresa as the model for this coins engraving. So, technically; the model's name is Teresa di Francisci. If answered correctly I can provide the resources in which this information was obtained. Thank you.

tggr

• Administrator

Thank you for playing Numisma-Quest!

The correct answer is:

Teresa Cafarelli, wife of sculptor Antonio de Francisci

Congratulations RWW for being the first to answer correctly! Your prize is a certificate for 4 FREE NGC Earlybird submissions.

And now, for the results of the drawing from all the remaining contestants who answered correctly.....

The winner is coinman1794!

Your prize is "The Complete Guide to Buffalo Nickels, Second Edition" a book written by our very own David W. Lange.

Gentlemen, your prizes will be sent out today.

Thank you all for your posts. Please stop back again on Friday for week #2.