• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well EXCUSE MEE!!! EBAY master sir - I WILL NOT COMPLY!

24 posts in this topic

You may be wondering why I have been posting some of my WAREZ on the Marketplace here ...

Well maybe not … But I need to vent so 

They shut me off, oh MY GOD that is EBAY, for 3 days because I would not comply to their

new return policy.

Pretty funny as all the documentation I have seen concerning said return policy says MAY 2018 ...hmmm..

Even their new email to me

No I wont change my return policy sorry … If someone changes their mind OR found a cheaper price elsewhere

THEY are going to pay to return it!  

"Streamlined returns policies" My

They do not realize they are Convenient not Necessary

Thank You and Have a nice day

It sounds like you have had problems with "window shopping". I've never sold anything or returned anything, so I just ignore these "policy updates".

36 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

It sounds like you have had problems with "window shopping". I've never sold anything or returned anything, so I just ignore these "policy updates".

They took 5 items off line for non compliance … 

Weird. I don't offer returns at all and haven't been pummeled about it. Of course, if the product should fail to match the description, they can still return it. But that has been the case ever since I started.

I'm not a dealer so I don't sell on fleebay but the new rules are tough for sellers.  Hope you can get some sales from the bst, small number of eyeballs here.

I joined ebay in 1999, never had a negative or neutral feedback but when the changed their fees and a bunch of other about 10-12 years ago, that was it for me.  I was out and never looked back.  now I just buy occasionally but don't sell there.

Well, I checked the OP's return policy, and I think I located the problem. If this is correct, I really cannot blame ebay for getting testy.

The offending section says (as best I can tell on my internet watch): "If you change your mind about a purchase for any reason, and return it, we will not refund your payment AND we will send you a free kitten." I think it's the capital "AND" that they don't like...?

:)

That's unfortunate. Even Amazon makes you eat the shipping charges if you return it just because you changed your mind and there was nothing wrong with the item. I've never returned anything on eBay and I even sympathize with some dealers with a "no returns" policy. When there's clear pictures of what you're getting, unless they misrepresented something significant, you knew what you were buying - this is especially true with moderns.

11 hours ago, JKK said:

Weird. I don't offer returns at all and haven't been pummeled about it. Of course, if the product should fail to match the description, they can still return it. But that has been the case ever since I started.

This is the loophole - I cant have 14 days returns policy buyer pays return BUT I can have NO return policy and they are happy with that.

The alternative as stated is a 60 day return policy and I pay return with a forced no restocking fee.

If I am reading this old document correct. Too Lazy to even change the dates on the thing.

What every - My Three days are almost up then they will get an ear full :-)

Thanks for listening

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Stick it out and give em' hell jgrinz.  EBay has become too big and too controlling.

There is only ONE reason I will stay there, is my VARIETY of "THINGS" I sell there, otherwise for the 10.3 percent for Ebay and the 

3.5 percent for PAYPAL its almost worth it to use GC. Which I still may move all the coin biz over there and give EBAY less volume.

I under the impression that GC is at 15% and zero if over $1000 - Is this correct?

Which I didn't have to be a business but forced to by my accountant cause of volume :/

Have a nice day 

m

My complaint about Ebay is that its interface seems to be at the mercy of a PHB who periodically gives ill-thought-out change-for-the-sake-of-change orders to a bunch of overworked code monkeys. For example, the change of all fixed price listings to GTC. Now, unless I have some freebies just handy, I have to mass end a ton of listings before they roll over and cost me listing fees. But the worst part of that was not the obvious money grab; it was the pitch "To help you sell better..." That's like all these corporations who come out with "In order to better serve you, we're cutting staff, pay, benefits, hours, and support, and increasing prices!" I would have more respect for "We're screwing our people so we can screw you. That's the world, baby."

Here is a good one after censuring me 3 days of not being able to list anything 

"Congratulations on becoming a Top Rated Seller

Sent:Mar-26-20 04:03"

hahaha Blow holes ...

Edited by jgrinz

Here's an example of the garbageness. Yesterday I had to cancel an item. While pulling it for shipment, I had noted a flaw I had not seen before. Since the buyer was a noob, I knew that this posed all kinds of risks, so I first contacted her to disclose the flaw and ask whether she still wanted it. Being a noob, of course, she did not respond; probably had no idea why I would do that, or couldn't find the 'reply' button, or was practicing social e-distancing. So I canceled it rather than risk late shipment or a random neg. All seemed to go through fine including her refund. However, on my selling summary page, it still shows one item needing to be shipped, and one feedback needing doing. If I click on either, of course, nothing is there. I hate Ebenezer.

52 minutes ago, JKK said:

Here's an example of the garbageness. Yesterday I had to cancel an item. While pulling it for shipment, I had noted a flaw I had not seen before. Since the buyer was a noob, I knew that this posed all kinds of risks, so I first contacted her to disclose the flaw and ask whether she still wanted it. Being a noob, of course, she did not respond; probably had no idea why I would do that, or couldn't find the 'reply' button, or was practicing social e-distancing. So I canceled it rather than risk late shipment or a random neg. All seemed to go through fine including her refund. However, on my selling summary page, it still shows one item needing to be shipped, and one feedback needing doing. If I click on either, of course, nothing is there. I hate Ebenezer.

Yep happened to me a year ago and I got slammed on feedback. I dropped the item to ship and broke - Informed the buyer and refunded money and got luckily only a neutral.

Stays on for a year.

There was a change between then and now as you cannot leave feedback either way now if an item is cancelled.

Now I have decide what to do ... 

I've been on Ebay since it's beginning. They are just plain awful. I have a stellar Seller rating and they have placed my Seller Accounts on Restrictions and Holds numerous times. They have customer service agents sometimes that makes you wonder

what kind of Country did they come from. Just last month an Ebay customer service agent asked me over the phone where do I get my products from. I manufacture my own line of Electronics products. She asked me where do I source my products.

I wanted to reply are you Retarded or something? Why would you want to know where I get the materials to assemble and make my products from. Your just a lowly CS Rep and what business is it of yours. I called you to fix an ebay problem, not for this bs!

Ebay is something else, They have Amazon & Dropshippers with 20-30% negative feedback ratings and they praise them, yet they Restrict people with not a Single Ding on our History. And Yes on the Rare Occasionallity that I do have to place an order for

source materials from China even I cant figure out why I'm being charged Sales & Use Taxes, they wont respond to my emails. Ebay's Fees are NOW 15%. HIGHWAY ROBBERY. EBAY is robbing everyone blind! I haven't even begun... I could Rant for days about

Ebay. New law requires ebay to collect and remit state sales tax. But items shipped direct from mainland China or HongKong are not subject to state sales tax. Period. Ebay collecting "sales tax" on these transactions is theft. No state is entitled to collect them, so ebay can keep the money. I've seen some pretty shabby tactics from ebay  - Wierd Al from Nevada S&G

53 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

I've been on Ebay since it's beginning. They are just plain awful. I have a stellar Seller rating and they have placed my Seller Accounts on Restrictions and Holds numerous times. They have customer service agents sometimes that makes you wonder

what kind of Country did they come from. Just last month an Ebay customer service agent asked me over the phone where do I get my products from. I manufacture my own line of Electronics products. She asked me where do I source my products.

I wanted to reply are you Retarded or something? Why would you want to know where I get the materials to assemble and make my products from. Your just a lowly CS Rep and what business is it of yours. I called you to fix an ebay problem, not for this bs!

Ebay is something else, They have Amazon & Dropshippers with 20-30% negative feedback ratings and they praise them, yet they Restrict people with not a Single Ding on our History. And Yes on the Rare Occasionallity that I do have to place an order for

source materials from China even I cant figure out why I'm being charged Sales & Use Taxes, they wont respond to my emails. Ebay's Fees are NOW 15%. HIGHWAY ROBBERY. EBAY is robbing everyone blind! I haven't even begun... I could Rant for days about

Ebay. New law requires ebay to collect and remit state sales tax. But items shipped direct from mainland China or HongKong are not subject to state sales tax. Period. Ebay collecting "sales tax" on these transactions is theft. No state is entitled to collect them, so ebay can keep the money. I've seen some pretty shabby tactics from ebay  - Wierd Al from Nevada S&G

I track all of ebays tax takings and have my accountant submit it with my taxes.

Though it is not really an Expense or Income for me at, least the FED and LOCAL tax authorities know exact figures from me of

what has been taken from my customers.

Actually that is incorrect as most states require internet sales, sales tax to be collected now. What is I think not right is we have no idea what they have submitted to the tax authorities 

on our behalf. 

7 hours ago, NevadaS&G said:

Ebay collecting "sales tax" on these transactions is theft. No state is entitled to collect them, so ebay can keep the money. I've seen some pretty shabby tactics from ebay  

Ebay DOES have to remit the money to your state.  If they don't that would be theft and tax fraud, which I an sure they would not want to get hit with.  Ebay is big enough to drag out lawsuits from individuals until the legal fees break them, but state governments  have much deeper pockets and WILL win in the end.

So I'm paying "The Tariff" not China. Great thanks, I also pay Sales tax again when I resell my items. Double Dipping and let's not forget the Post Office's Premium pricing for "Rich Americans" Put everything together and we are getting it from behind.

10 hours ago, NevadaS&G said:

So I'm paying "The Tariff" not China

Well, that's true for everyone. The US company buying the goods pays the tariff. My wife works for such a company and we've had numerous discussions about this. "China" doesn't pay anything. The US company can eat the cost, pass it on to consumers, or try to negotiate a better price from the Chinese company to make up for the tariff, but nobody in China pays an actual US tariff - we do. When you resell your items, your customer is paying the sales tax, not you, so I don't get that part of your complaint.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:11 AM, NevadaS&G said:

I also pay Sales tax again when I resell my items.

No the buyer pays the sales tax, not you. (unless you look at it as the buyer will only be willing to pay less for the item because they are going to have to pay sales tax on top of the sale price.  Same way people look at the buyers premium at the large auction houses.)

Which brings up another question.  If you are buying something on ebay for resale and you have a tax number, how do you tell ebay the sale should be tax exempt?

7 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Which brings up another question.  If you are buying something on ebay for resale and you have a tax number, how do you tell ebay the sale should be tax exempt?

I sent them a copy of my tax number and completed another form,I believe it was something they sent me. I became tax exempt as a buyer.

I'm sorry I don't have a link,but it is possible to do. I think it took a week or 10 days to hear back.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:07 PM, thebeav said:

I sent them a copy of my tax number and completed another form,I believe it was something they sent me. I became tax exempt as a buyer.

I'm sorry I don't have a link,but it is possible to do. I think it took a week or 10 days to hear back.

Does this make you responsible for submittal of SALES on your own behalf in your state on a sale or does ebay still handle all sales tax transactions.

and submit for you on ebay sales  

On 4/4/2020 at 8:33 AM, jgrinz said:

Does this make you responsible for submittal of SALES on your own behalf in your state on a sale or does ebay still handle all sales tax transactions.

and submit for you on ebay sales  

I no longer collect or remit sales tax for or to my state.  Ebay does it. 

I do pay the paypal fee on the tax collected though.......