• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cracked planchet or post mint error?

15 posts in this topic

Is that shadow on the reverse due to the difference in height or is it actually undercut, as in you can slip a piece of paper or something under it? Don't actually do it, just wondering why that shadow is so significant.

Thanks for the new pics; while the coin is well circulated that reverse sure doesn't look right. The devices to the left of the line are markedly indistinct and very different than to the right so to me it looks like something interfered with the strike of the coin. I'm nowhere near expert enough to say what - it does look like lamination - but I don't think it's PMD. 

After seeing the new and better pictures, (Wish they had been posted earlier)  I'm changing my original assessment.  It looks like a nice Delamination covering half the coin.

Edited by Greenstang

2 hours ago, Greenstang said:

After seeing the new and better pictures, (Wish they had been posted earlier)  I'm changing my original assessment.  It looks like a nice Delamination covering half the coin.

Thanks greenstang Appreciate your honesty andI know I know I should’ve known better about the pictures the quality sucked first that was a greenhorn move

Edited by TON Collection

Just now, TON Collection said:

Thanks greenstang Appreciate your honesty and I know I know about the pictures that’s my fault I should’ve known betterAppreciate your honesty and I know I know about the pictures that’s my fault I should’ve known better that was a greenhorn move