• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coins showing up on others registry that I now own

6 posts in this topic

I now have three coins I've tried to register but they belong to someone else's registry. A month ago a 1948 D and 1949 D Jefferson nickels in MS66 and now a proof 68* 1959 Lincoln cent. Does anyone know how long it takes for NGC to clear them off others registry and add them to mine? 

Edited by Wiley C. M.

14 minutes ago, Wiley C. M. said:

I now have three coins I've tried to register but they belong to someone else's registry. A month ago a 1948 D and 1949 D Jefferson nickels in MS66 and now a proof 68* 1959 Lincoln cent. Does anyone know how long it takes for NGC to clear them off others registry and add them to mine? 

If they will not transfer,  I would send a message to NGC asking why they have not transferred. State that you have them in your possession. You could send pictures to verify they are in fact in your possession.

I think the seller / person with the coin registered to them gets something like a week or two to respond if they aren't willing to transfer for whatever reason. I can't remember what it was exactly - it has been too long since I had this happen. If they don't contest it the coin transfers automatically. A month is way too long to wait so they must have contested it or something went wrong.

On 3/13/2020 at 10:17 PM, Wiley C. M. said:

Hello Wiley C.M., 

We have responded to your email.  Thank you.

• Administrator
On 3/20/2020 at 10:01 PM, Wiley C. M. said:

Yes, thanks guys you are the best!

Hello, Wiley.

In case you are curious, here is the official transfer process:

Please let us know if we may assist with the NGC Registry in the future.