• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mint Pearl Harbor set

9 posts in this topic

The copper penny is worth .03 cents the steel has been "resurfaced" so it's pmd the silver 5c is worth .95 cents the 1941 is a spender I'm not sure of the bill as a collection I would say if you like it 👍 as for the value of the coins I would say it's too high 

8 minutes ago, B.C said:

The copper penny is worth .03 cents the steel has been "resurfaced" so it's pmd the silver 5c is worth .95 cents the 1941 is a spender I'm not sure of the bill as a collection I would say if you like it 👍 as for the value of the coins I would say it's too high 

I had never seen the set. Figured I would hold on to it. It looks to be in fairly well shape. Plus historical value to me is worth it.

I won't open the can of worms cents made out of shell casings but I would buy that propaganda poster of U.S troops policing their brass dodging bullets shouting a penny saved Is a penny earned and Uncle Sam giving the big 👍 up maybe I'm waiting for a poster that dosent exist 

The narrative is wrong - as far as I can tell, these notes were issued in Malaysia, Borneo, Brunei, and a couple other places. They were not intended for a US invasion. The M on the notes indicates Malaya. The notion that it needs a "certificate of authenticity" is a bit hokey. But if you like it, great. I've certainly blown $10 on worse.

5 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

The narrative is wrong - as far as I can tell, these notes were issued in Malaysia, Borneo, Brunei, and a couple other places. They were not intended for a US invasion. The M on the notes indicates Malaya. The notion that it needs a "certificate of authenticity" is a bit hokey. But if you like it, great. I've certainly blown $10 on worse.

If it is a fake, they do have a return policy. I always check that now. To make sure I can get my money back.

19 hours ago, B.C said:

I had never seen the set. Figured I would hold on to it. It looks to be in fairly well shape. Plus historical value to me is worth it.