• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coins converted to jewelry

12 posts in this topic

Would depend on the date and mint mark but I'm not convinced they are real the Chinese writing on it has me concerned can you show both sides of the coins 

There are 7 coins total in this bracelet. The coins were purchased from a Chinese fella in the 1980s.  Not sure why they were mounted that way, but it is what it is 

20200304_004009.jpg

Interesting how the first quarter eagle displayed seems to have Chinese characters just left of the denomination. Pretty confident the US Mint didn't put those there. I think your first valid question is whether these are even authentic in the first place.

I was going to ask a jeweler to see about submitting a few loose gold coins to be graded. I guess I can take these to him as well and ask if they are real gold and see what happens from there. 

Thank you for your input.

Mark

No

If authentic coins, they would only be worth melt in my opinion.  Only key date coins 'may' be worthwhile but even then they are a tough sell when determined to be 'ex-jewelry'. 

Even if they are real, and I suspect they are not, with all the damage to them the coins on the bracelet would only be worth melt value.  I question the ring as well.  The 1885 half eagle is a little better condition, but still damaged enough to only be worth melt value.

That was my fear as well. I was going to take the items to a jeweler and see if they are real gold and go from there.

Thank you for your input.