NGC Registry 2021 Awards (**Deadline 10 a.m. EST Dec. 1, 2021**)
1 1

7 posts in this topic

• Administrator

The NGC Registry awards are open to all NGC Registry participants. To participate in the NGC Registry, visit NGCcoin.com/Registry, register your certified coins and create a set. It’s free and easy to join.

This year, winners will be selected in the following major award categories:

Overall Achievement Awards

Three US coin collectors and three world coin collectors will be awarded for Overall Achievement in NGC Registry set collecting. The Overall Achievement award is the NGC Registry's highest honor, given to select collectors based on their total point score, coins, set presentation and activity.

Competitive Set Awards

• Best Classic Set
    • 10 Sets, 1792-1965
  • Best Modern Set
    • 10 Sets, 1965-Date (including Jefferson Nickels and Roosevelt Dimes)
  • Best Presented Set
    • Sets with the best descriptive text and coin images
    • 10 US Sets
  • Best New Set
    • Sets created since January 1 of the current year
    • 10 Sets

Custom Set Awards

• 5 Best Custom Sets (Chosen from any US, World, Ancient, and Tokens and Medals sets)
  • 1 Most Creative Custom Set
  • 1 Most Informative Custom Set

In addition to the major awards, the NGC Registry honors the #1 set in each category with an icon of recognition next to the set. Winners will also have an option to print a certificate of achievement through their My Account page. If they would prefer to receive a printed certificate by mail, they can request them in My Account after the winners are announced in January.

The winner in each of the major categories receives a plaque, a $500 NGC grading credit, a $100 coin with a special pedigree, and an icon of recognition on their NGC Registry profile. At least 75% of the coins registered to a set must be NGC-certified to be eligible for one of the major awards.

To join the free NGC Registry or update your NGC Registry sets, visit NGCcoin.com/Registry.

Important Notes:

• The last day to request a new slot addition for the 2021 awards period is at 5 pm EST on Monday, Nov. 1st.
    • Private sets will not be considered for any award type. If an owner of a private set wishes to compete for awards and have the rank of their set displayed, they must have changed their set from private to public by July 1, 2021.
    Edited by Ali E.
    On 3/3/2020 at 2:25 PM, Ali E. said:

The NGC Registry awards are open to all NGC Registry participants. To participate in the NGC Registry, visit NGCcoin.com/Registry, register your certified coins and create a set. It’s free and easy to join.

This year, winners will be selected in the following major award categories:

Overall Achievement Awards

Three US coin collectors and three world coin collectors will be awarded for Overall Achievement in NGC Registry set collecting. The Overall Achievement award is the NGC Registry's highest honor, given to select collectors based on their total point score, coins, set presentation and activity.

Competitive Set Awards

• Best Classic Set
      • 5 US Sets, 1792-1964
      • 5 World Sets, 1792-1964
    • Best Modern Set
      • 5 US Sets, 1955-Date (including Jefferson Nickels and Roosevelt Dimes)
      • 5 World Sets, 1955-Date
    • Best Presented Set
      • 3 US Sets
      • 3 World Sets
    • Best New Set
      • 3 US Sets
      • 3 World Sets

Custom Set Awards

• Best US Custom Set
    • Best World Custom Set
    • Best Ancient Custom Set
    • Best Tokens and Medals Set
    • Most Creative Custom Set
    • Most Informative Custom Set

Important Notes:

• The deadline to update your NGC Registry sets before they are considered for awards is 10 a.m. EST on December 4, 2020.
    • Private sets will not be considered for any award type. If an owner of a private set wishes to compete for awards and have the rank of their set displayed, they must change their set from private to public by July 1, 2020.

In addition to the major awards, the NGC Registry honors the #1 set in each category with an icon of recognition next to the set. Winners will also have an option to print a certificate of achievement through their My Account page. If they would prefer to receive a printed certificate by mail, they can request them in My Account after the winners are announced in January.

To join the free NGC Registry or update your NGC Registry sets, visit NGCcoin.com/Registry.

Winners will be announced on January 8, 2021.

I am working so hard doing this . I am a 100% newcomer .  Just a few more overtime shifts and then I can buy my membership for 150$!

• Administrator
    1 hour ago, Sir Shep III said:

I am working so hard doing this . I am a 100% newcomer .  Just a few more overtime shifts and then I can buy my membership for 150$!

Welcome, Sir Shep III. 

We appreciate your support. :) Right now, we are offering a temporary discount on paid memberships, as explained below. Participation in the NGC Registry is complimentary. We see you have several competitive sets already. If you need any assistance with a paid membership or with the NGC Registry, please let us know. We are happy to assist.

Now is the time to make sure your collection is protected by NGC’s expert certification services. To make it even easier for collectors to submit their coins for grading, NGC is offering 50% off all new Associate memberships for a very limited time. With an Associate membership you will gain direct submission privileges to NGC, NCS, PMG, CGC and CCS; promotional offers; and 24/7 online submission tracking.

An Associate membership is normally $25 per year, but if you join before 10 p.m. EDT on Sunday, May 31, you will pay just $12.50 for a full year of membership! Enter code EXPERT when you upgrade your membership.

For a limited time, you can also save $12.50 if you upgrade to one of our higher membership levels:

Premium membership (normally $149 per year) — Associate-level benefits, plus a $150 grading credit (excludes shipping and handling fees)

On 3/3/2020 at 2:25 PM, Ali E. said:

Competitive Set Awards

• Best Classic Set
      • 10 Sets, 1792-1965
    • Best Modern Set
      • 10 Sets, 1965-Date (including Jefferson Nickels and Roosevelt Dimes)
    • Best Presented Set
      • 10 US Sets
    • Best New Set
      • 10 Sets

Custom Set Awards

• 5 Best Custom Sets (Chosen from any US, World, Ancient, and Tokens and Medals sets)
    • 1 Most Creative Custom Set
    • 1 Most Informative Custom Set

I

Ali,

In the announcement above..... for the Classic, Modern and New sets will they be intermixed rather than 50/50 like in the past? Is the Best Presented Set only US sets? 

I'm a little confused (doesn't take much lately) based on the Award's website page. The way it is written here, looks like some changes are happening. 

Just wondering! :)

• Administrator
    8 hours ago, ChrisInJesup said:

Ali,

In the announcement above..... for the Classic, Modern and New sets will they be intermixed rather than 50/50 like in the past? Is the Best Presented Set only US sets? 

I'm a little confused (doesn't take much lately) based on the Award's website page. The way it is written here, looks like some changes are happening. 

Just wondering! :)

Hi, Chris. This year we are not limiting ourselves to X number of US sets and X number of World sets. ^^