NGC Registry 2020 Awards (**Deadline 10 a.m. EST Dec. 4, 2020**)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

2,180 posts

The NGC Registry awards are open to all NGC Registry participants. To participate in the NGC Registry, visit NGCcoin.com/Registry, register your certified coins and create a set. It’s free and easy to join.

This year, winners will be selected in the following major award categories:

Overall Achievement Awards

Three US coin collectors and three world coin collectors will be awarded for Overall Achievement in NGC Registry set collecting. The Overall Achievement award is the NGC Registry's highest honor, given to select collectors based on their total point score, coins, set presentation and activity.

Competitive Set Awards

• Best Classic Set
    • 5 US Sets, 1792-1964
    • 5 World Sets, 1792-1964
  • Best Modern Set
    • 5 US Sets, 1955-Date (including Jefferson Nickels and Roosevelt Dimes)
    • 5 World Sets, 1955-Date
  • Best Presented Set
    • Sets with the best descriptive text and coin images
    • 3 US Sets
    • 3 World Sets
  • Best New Set
    • Sets created since January 1 of the current year
    • 3 US Sets
    • 3 World Sets

Custom Set Awards

• Best US Custom Set
  • Best World Custom Set
  • Best Ancient Custom Set
  • Best Tokens and Medals Set
  • Most Creative Custom Set
  • Most Informative Custom Set

Important Notes:

• The deadline to update your NGC Registry sets before they are considered for awards is 10 a.m. EST on December 4, 2020.
  • The last day to request a new slot addition for the 2020 awards period is at 5 pm EST on Friday, Nov. 6th.
  • Private sets will not be considered for any award type. If an owner of a private set wishes to compete for awards and have the rank of their set displayed, they must have changed their set from private to public by July 1, 2020.

In addition to the major awards, the NGC Registry honors the #1 set in each category with an icon of recognition next to the set. Winners will also have an option to print a certificate of achievement through their My Account page. If they would prefer to receive a printed certificate by mail, they can request them in My Account after the winners are announced in January.

To join the free NGC Registry or update your NGC Registry sets, visit NGCcoin.com/Registry.

Winners will be announced on January 8, 2021.

Edited by Ali E.

9 posts
On 3/3/2020 at 2:25 PM, Ali E. said:

The NGC Registry awards are open to all NGC Registry participants. To participate in the NGC Registry, visit NGCcoin.com/Registry, register your certified coins and create a set. It’s free and easy to join.

This year, winners will be selected in the following major award categories:

Overall Achievement Awards

Three US coin collectors and three world coin collectors will be awarded for Overall Achievement in NGC Registry set collecting. The Overall Achievement award is the NGC Registry's highest honor, given to select collectors based on their total point score, coins, set presentation and activity.

Competitive Set Awards

• Best Classic Set
    • 5 US Sets, 1792-1964
    • 5 World Sets, 1792-1964
  • Best Modern Set
    • 5 US Sets, 1955-Date (including Jefferson Nickels and Roosevelt Dimes)
    • 5 World Sets, 1955-Date
  • Best Presented Set
    • Sets with the best descriptive text and coin images
    • 3 US Sets
    • 3 World Sets
  • Best New Set
    • Sets created since January 1 of the current year
    • 3 US Sets
    • 3 World Sets

Custom Set Awards

• Best US Custom Set
  • Best World Custom Set
  • Best Ancient Custom Set
  • Best Tokens and Medals Set
  • Most Creative Custom Set
  • Most Informative Custom Set

Important Notes:

• The deadline to update your NGC Registry sets before they are considered for awards is 10 a.m. EST on December 4, 2020.
  • Private sets will not be considered for any award type. If an owner of a private set wishes to compete for awards and have the rank of their set displayed, they must change their set from private to public by July 1, 2020.

In addition to the major awards, the NGC Registry honors the #1 set in each category with an icon of recognition next to the set. Winners will also have an option to print a certificate of achievement through their My Account page. If they would prefer to receive a printed certificate by mail, they can request them in My Account after the winners are announced in January.

To join the free NGC Registry or update your NGC Registry sets, visit NGCcoin.com/Registry.

Winners will be announced on January 8, 2021.

I am working so hard doing this . I am a 100% newcomer .  Just a few more overtime shifts and then I can buy my membership for 150$!

2,180 posts
1 hour ago, Sir Shep III said:

I am working so hard doing this . I am a 100% newcomer .  Just a few more overtime shifts and then I can buy my membership for 150$!

Welcome, Sir Shep III. 

We appreciate your support. :) Right now, we are offering a temporary discount on paid memberships, as explained below. Participation in the NGC Registry is complimentary. We see you have several competitive sets already. If you need any assistance with a paid membership or with the NGC Registry, please let us know. We are happy to assist.

Now is the time to make sure your collection is protected by NGC’s expert certification services. To make it even easier for collectors to submit their coins for grading, NGC is offering 50% off all new Associate memberships for a very limited time. With an Associate membership you will gain direct submission privileges to NGC, NCS, PMG, CGC and CCS; promotional offers; and 24/7 online submission tracking.

An Associate membership is normally $25 per year, but if you join before 10 p.m. EDT on Sunday, May 31, you will pay just $12.50 for a full year of membership! Enter code EXPERT when you upgrade your membership.

For a limited time, you can also save $12.50 if you upgrade to one of our higher membership levels:

Premium membership (normally $149 per year) — Associate-level benefits, plus a $150 grading credit (excludes shipping and handling fees)

2,729 posts
On 5/21/2020 at 5:27 PM, Sir Shep III said:

I'm going to offer a bit of unsolicited advice from someone that has been here on and off for 13 years now: Don't kill yourself. Don't make yourself miserable and destroy your work / life balance trying to earn a few more bucks to compete here. It can't be worth it.

The situation might be different for the Best New Set award - that's new so it's hard to comment on what sorts of sets will win - but the sets that win the major awards (and even the Best in Category awards) tend to be the result of years of work, research, and collecting. This is a "Rome wasn't built in a day" situation. Unless you're just wealthy and throw lots of money at a set quickly it is very hard to build an award winning set here in just one or two years - the people you're up against have been doing this / building these sets for DECADES in some cases. If you talk to some other people here you might also find that they didn't win a major award for the set the year the set was "finished." I've heard of several cases where the collector had finished / stopped working on / moved on from a set about 2 years before it actually won a major award.

Again, the "Best New Set" might change this game, but coin collecting and competing here tends to be a marathon, not a sprint. I would really hate to see someone come in, run themselves into the ground trying to win or make a splash in their first year, and then be bitterly disappointed when it doesn't happen - there are over 13,000 members here and they give out 40-50 major awards a year.

To use another metaphor, this is a journey - enjoy it. Don't be so focused on an end that you forget to have fun getting there. Don't work so hard trying to be able to afford to buy more that you don't have time to pull out, look at, and enjoy what you have.

Good luck!