• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Define Technical Specifications "High Resolution Imges"

5 posts in this topic

I take my own photo/images as well as download images of coins that I have purchased. Most downloaded images are touted as high resolution but I see a wide range in quality from excellent to so-so. NGC images and the "other" major grading service images and auction houses are of course excellent but others are in the "so-so" not so great category. The question is what are the high resultion parameters.

This is a two part question:

a. I would like to know what resolution specs that NGC uses as their images are excellent.

b. Second part, talking about unholdered coins, a lot of raw coins that I see on the internet that are supposedly high resolution are not good - and the usual response from owners is "I'm not good at taking photos and my camera says this is high resolution".... Of course less expensive cameras may not have the best features. 

Did this help?

• Administrator

Hello Robaire,

Please email Doug directly regarding your questions.  He will be able to help you for sure.   dplasencia@ngccoin.com