• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

grading
1 1

4 posts in this topic

So glad I found the PCGS photo comparison grading chart. Now I know my $3 gold coin is better than an MS61 but not as good as an AU58. I give up, read and compared for 3 months till my eyes are crossed. I look at my coins unbiased like I'm grading a coin submitted by the man I just found out had an affair with my wife. I'm just looking for things to downgrade. After 3 months of intensive studying and staring, the end result is I better send them in for grading because I admit now,  'I don't know s---.' (and prob never will). eom....

I see what you mean but their AU58 example has a much better strike than the MS60-63 examples. I don't even try to grade gold from images, it's out of my league. Generally speaking I find a lot of AU58 coins are more appealing than 60-62.

thanks kbbpll, I see you and Bob and a few are really interactive and help a lot of people, and with Patience. My wife is paying to have 6 coins graded for me, getting it over with,  so maybe I'll find time to come out of the computer room and talk to her now and then. lol