• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why ship three coins in separate packages?

11 posts in this topic

I sent three gold coins in one package. I made sure to say hold coins until all are graded and then ship. Why were they not shipped together? This is really stupid since they were graded and processed at the same time! Cost me $30.00 registered mail with $5000.00 insurance to ship to you and you charged me $70.00 to get them back in separate packages. I cannot believe this company would expect me to repeat business with them when they cannot handle a simple task such a shipping.

Edited by Andrew Zebrun Iv

It cost $257.50 altogether for me to have 3 average gold coins graded with a combined value less than $4500.00. That's outrageous. $25.00 to become a member, $30.00 for me to ship to you. $25.00 to grade each coin, handling fee's of $10.00 each. Plus the screw up you guys did shipping coins back in three separate packages. The part where it says $25.00 to grade a a coin is bait and switch tactics.

Edited by Andrew Zebrun Iv

• Administrator

Dear Mr. Zebrun,

Thank you.  Why did you put them on 3 different submission forms?  NGC will only ship orders together when requested on the submission form.

Thank you,

Lisa

This site just is not user friendly. It says create a different invoice for each order, considering each order is each individual coin. I checked the box saying hold the coins until there all done to ship. So I thought I did what I was supposed to do. $200.00 to grade 3 coins that are basic? Never again.

• Administrator

Dear Mr. Zebrun,

You would use separate forms for different grading tiers.  These all could have gone on one one submission form using the gold tier.  In the future, if you have questions regarding how to submit, you can call us and anyone of us would be willing to help you with the submission form.  800-642-2646.

I have asked our accounting department to issue you a credit to your credit card for the difference of shipping 3 separate shipments to 1 shipment.

Thank you,

Lisa

1 hour ago, LISA B said:

I have asked our accounting department to issue you a credit to your credit card for the difference of shipping 3 separate shipments to 1 shipment.

Thank you,

Lisa

Well done, Lisa. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, LISA B said:

Dear Mr. Zebrun,

You would use separate forms for different grading tiers.  These all could have gone on one one submission form using the gold tier.  In the future, if you have questions regarding how to submit, you can call us and anyone of us would be willing to help you with the submission form.  800-642-2646.

Thank you,

Lisa

And this is why NGC customer service is so much better than PCGS.  

On 2/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, Just Bob said:

Well done, Lisa. (thumbsu

Agreed. Nice move.

18 hours ago, Andrew Zebrun Iv said:

I feel much better now. Thanks for the help lisa!

While you're getting the money back for the shipping, it's probably worth noting that, since NGC charges a $10 fee per form, you probably cost yourself $20 by splitting them up. I'd recommend not doing that in the future.