• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would This Be Graded or Returned Damaged?

12 posts in this topic

Hi,I had a few coins I wanted to have certified and was wondering if a coin like this 1943 nickel would be graded? The top looks like there is something going on, but I am not sure what it is. I actually have a couple other coins that are perfect for me to grade, but have a small strike thru on the rim, barely noticeable, but its there.  Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_1435.thumb.JPG.8b9bf55d0d01e61121e2df4a9691f9cf.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

I would straight grade it myself, but I'm not a pro. The "rim damage" looks as-minted to me - there's a bit of a double rim to the left of the folded over part so I think it had problems exiting the collar (or whatever). Not sure it's worth the expense of grading though, it's more of a "no steps" than a full steps.

Thank you guys so much for the education. Really helpful.  I am going into it pretty certain that it is a Doubled Die Variety which I would like to get confirmed. If it is then I should  be alright, but honestly this is my first go at grading so there may be a long road and a steep learning curve in front of me, but  other then the "rim fin" I feel alright about this one. Thanks again you guys.

Can someone help my verify my Bicentennial Ike silver dollar it has no mint mark. It looks be be a rare coin I’m a young amateur collector, that inherited my collection from my WWII Veteran Grandfather. I have other Ike silver dollars with errors and mint flaws. I need someone that knows what they are doing to inspect my coins.... Thanks A Bunch God Bless!

C786D238-C4E2-49E4-95C8-31CDC594184A.jpeg

Hi @Brooke Serra, Welcome to the form.  You should start your own thread on your coins,  I am no expert but I think what you at showing are just common clad Ike Dollars.  The P coins have no Mint marks in those years, The Silver ones have a S mint mark.

Welcome to the Forum Brooke.

As stated, those just look like regular Ike's unless you see some thing we don't.

To avoid confusion, always start your own thread andmake sure you show both sides of the coin. If you think you have an error, please specify what you think it is. 

Thanks Y’all sorry for not starting a new thread. I appreciate your information Thanks again. @Mr Greenstang the inquiry I have is about the 1976 Bicentennial on the bottom left I have been watching videos about that specific coin an people say that the 76’ Bicentennial no S mint flaw is very rare I was just wondering why mine doesn’t have a mint mark? I had my hopes up that I had found something valuable lol Anyways thanks for the replys.

Edited by Brooke Serra

On 2/19/2020 at 12:55 PM, Brooke Serra said:

I have been watching videos about that specific coin an people say that the 76’ Bicentennial no S mint flaw is very rare

It is.  What the videos always seem to forget to tell people is that it is a proof coin and so far unique, and that Philadelphia made over 113 million business strikes that also have no mint mark.