• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with canadian coins plz?

15 posts in this topic

coinsandcanada.com

Be aware that some of their "varieties" are user submitted so are questionable (machine doubling, etc). The prices are in CAN$. The Charlton guides are your best bet for anything that anybody recognizes.

Another upvote for the Charlton guide. Excellent pictures that blow the coin image way up so you can tell varieties apart, very thorough in my experience.

1 hour ago, Kevin118 said:

Is it ddo how rare is it if so whats the value of it? Does anyone see anything else out of the ordinary on the coin? Ect....

Looks to me like mechanical doubling, a mildly detracting flaw that confers no premium. On a high-grade coin, it would slightly decrease the value. On a coin worth C$0.01, with obverse damage, there's no value to decrease.

Not to detract you from posting here, but "coin community family" has a more active Canadian forum, search "coin forum" and it will be in the top 5 results, then look for the Canadian variety sub-forum. I see what you see, in the E and also DEI G, but it also looks like MD to me. And the coin looks scrubbed with steel wool.

I would also say machine doubling .  The doubling is flat and shelf like, also note the beads above ELIZABETH they are also flat doubled with what remains of the beads reduced in size, a charateristic of MDD.