• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 D error?

4 posts in this topic

On reverse, the E in UNITED, error or not? Then on the front Lincoln's ear seems deep but I'm not sure if it's even a worthy issue about his ear. Much more concerned with the E on back. Thank you all who respond1208190051a.thumb.jpg.3dba476039121769f289f862df638459.jpg1208190049a.thumb.jpg.d7a2841d5e40b31dbf9d2051c97f8ea7.jpg

Edited by WhoDo

Also forgot to mention, on the front the E in WE isn't lined up with the other letters of "IN GOD WE TRUST". Is this something to notice or am I just a little to hopefull?

The E in United just took a hit during circulation, as did Lincoln's ear. The E in WE seems to be just the way they all are. I never noticed it before myself, but here's the example coin from NGC price guide, same E.

4230552-014o.jpg

I agree, not an error. Anytime you have dings, gouges, scratches, distorted letters etc., they are nearly always damage.

It is only an error if it happens during the striking of the coin. Anything after that is considered damage.