• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempts on hacking my account
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I have no clue who is wanting my account, there's nothing I have in here that anybody needs. I don't know anyone in Missouri. That is weird as heck. I know Missouri is a SHOW ME STATE. But there's nothing to show lol. NGC is great to pick that up and alert you when someone is tampering your account. What sucks about this ordeal is you get locked out for  a day. Is anybody else having this problem. 

20200213_071326.jpg

I had the same problem last night, starting around 3:40pm MT. By around 9pm I was able to log in again. I don't know whether it was a real attack or some NGC issue. Stealing access to my NGC account would be utterly useless to anybody.

27 minutes ago, Kirt said:

I hate this aspect of our digital age. It hasn't happened to me. Sorry it's happening to you. :pullhair:

Thanks, this is the first for me. People out there do the weirdest ever. 

1 minute ago, kbbpll said:

I had the same problem last night, starting around 3:40pm MT. By around 9pm I was able to log in again. I don't know whether it was a real attack or some NGC issue. Stealing access to my NGC account would be utterly useless to anybody.

Right!, that's where I'm confused. 

6 minutes ago, Hinkle said:

Right!, that's where I'm confused. 

When I went to log in this morning about 5:00 ET the link seemed to be different; there's a dropdown I didn't notice before. Putting my info in took me to the "normal" login screen. Maybe they were implementing an updated log in -script and something didn't go as planned?

Or maybe I just ate my Conspiracy-O's... :gossip:

• Administrator

@Hinkle We reported this issue to our IT Department. We believe that the issue is with the company that hosts our chatboards and that it is not an attempted hack. We hope to have this resolved soon. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Matt G said:

@Hinkle We reported this issue to our IT Department. We believe that the issue is with the company that hosts our chatboards and that it is not an attempted hack. We hope to have this resolved soon. Thank you

Thank you, I was worried. Now I feel better knowing. 

My password is saved on my devices, so I normally don't re-enter it. I also recall being redirected to a second login screen, and then the "We have detected 3 failed log in attempts". I figured it was just a glitch triple-pumping my credentials, sort of like machine doubling but with software. :)

Thanks for the update Matt.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:25 AM, kbbpll said:

My password is saved on my devices, so I normally don't re-enter it. I also recall being redirected to a second login screen, and then the "We have detected 3 failed log in attempts". I figured it was just a glitch triple-pumping my credentials, sort of like machine doubling but with software. :)

Thanks for the update Matt.

Not the most secure approach, but I guess it works as long as you never get your computer or laptop stolen.

3 hours ago, Revenant said:

Not the most secure approach, but I guess it works as long as you never get your computer or laptop stolen.

They can steal all my NGC stuff if they want to. Heck, they can pay my electric bill too. Other sites, different policy.