• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Question

2 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of submitting some $20 Liberty Head gold coins that I inherited. They have not been graded. I'm unable to determine the value other than my best guess estimate. The FMV on some of them could be over $10,000 each but could also be considerably less. I think that I understand your Declared Value Policy. Just so I'm clear on your policy, if I declare a value of $9995 and you determine the FMV to be over $10000, I'm charged for grading at the WalkThrough tier rate. Correct? My only downside at this under valuation is if the coin is lost when in your possession or in transit to and from since the declared value for insurance will be listed as $9995. Correct?

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

• Administrator

Hi Fuzzytooth,

We need values for insurance for while the coins are with us and shipping back to you.  If we find that the coin is undervalued, we will bump the charge to the next appropriate grading tier.  We will not downgrade.

Thank you,

Lisa