• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chipped holder

10 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, B.L.21 said:

Hey guys, dropped one of my slabbed coins and the corner chipped...does that reduce the value?

Which company slabbed it? The top 2, at least, have an inexpensive reholder service.

5 minutes ago, B.L.21 said:

NGC holder

Yep, I have three NGC's that are chipped and need reholdering. I usually save things up to submit together to hold down the fixed costs.

I wouldn't bat an eye before buying a coin I wanted in an NGC holder with a small chip at one corner, as long as it was clearly not tampering damage. No price impact from my perspective, but I know some people get really fussy about the slabs too.

There are people who collect the older slabs, so a chip would reduce the extra value, but of course if you reholdered it, any older slab value is gone. Post a picture of the slab to check that aspect of it.

39 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

There are people who collect the older slabs, so a chip would reduce the extra value, but of course if you reholdered it, any older slab value is gone. Post a picture of the slab to check that aspect of it.

EF75D9C7-539B-4F68-BBAB-6CFAE876749A.jpeg

Here's what I'd do with that. I'd hold it, maybe put a little sticker on it to remind you, and then when you get a few with oopsies on them, send them in for a reholder job at a later time.