• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Customer Service (Emails)

7 posts in this topic

When someone new enters the coin-world for the first time, it could easily be overwhelming. Most collectors were raised in a household where 'coin-talk' was a everyday occurrence. Most of these collectors you see with these amazing coins, coins that unless you have thousands of dollars to spend, you will never own. These collectors acquired there collections through a family member or by being in the right place at the right time. The modern collectors (new collectors) don't have that opportunity. To get in the coin business, you have to know what your doing or you'll find yourself in a financial hole quick! So the first thing I would recommend being a new collector, do your research before jumping head first into the coin business. Most of this information can be found on the internet, through reading books, and then personal experience. If you still have questions after doing all of this, who are you supposed to ask for advice? You don't have no one in your family and there isn't one 'real' coin store located where you live. No problem...the internet has tons of people you can talk to for help and advice if you need it. That sounds like a pretty simple task, not for me. For the coin-world to be so small, it blows my mind how busy some of these "youtubers" and collectors are!! What about the grading services? Why not ask them? I did, but apparently answering emails is optional. I thought 'emails' was a big part of the communication process of today...? One of the main reasons I like communicating by email is because it gives me a papertrail for my own records. In your opinion, if someone sends you an email, how long should it take before they get a reply? And if I do get a reply, its usually takes a week or two. To me, that's absurd for anybody to have to wait that long. 

I really don't want to have to go down that road. It was in the past and that's where I would like it to stay. I want to know your answer in general, along with a lot of other people. I don't want to throw out names but I will say that its not NGC that I'm referring to. But like I said before, how long should a customer wait when an email is sent? In your opinion, what kind of time frame would be fair? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks KC

Since I have you on here, I don't want to waste your time, so I do have a couple questions you could answer if possible. If someone sends in a coin and for some reason they can't encapsulated, is the customer refunded or how does that work?

• Administrator

Hi,

It would depend on why it wasn't encapsulated.  Not Genuine, you pay the full fee.  Questionable Authenticity, the grading fee will be refunded less a $5 processing free.  Not Suitable for Certification, the grading fee refunded less a $5 processing fee.  Eligible type, Grading fee refunded less a $5 processing fee.  The following link should be helpful.  https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/6436/

Thanks,

Lisa