• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Lincoln Cent Poor Mans Penny

11 posts in this topic

I've read online that the 1955 Poor mans Penny is not actually a real error. While I know this is not the famous double die penny we would all like to find, I was wondering I've read there is a variation of a double die and just wanted to make sure is it was/was not. Pictures just doesn't give justice to the roundness of the "5".

1955 lincoln penny obverse 2.jpg

1955 lincoln penny obverse 3.jpg

1955 lincoln penny obverse 4.jpg

1955 lincoln penny obverse 5.jpg

1955 lincoln penny reverse 1.jpg

Thanks so much Just Bob for ;the education.....I'll definitely put my sorry penny in the error not jar....I'll also check out the link you provided me and hopefully learn a little something. Very much agppreciated...thank you again! It was pretty damaged anyways....I think looking too much at so many coins, after awhile it's just wishful thinking....:) thank you!

11 hours ago, slk4coins said:

Thanks so much Just Bob for ;the education.....I'll definitely put my sorry penny in the error not jar....

Hang on.

Don't let me, or anyone else, decide what you should collect. Just because strike damaged coins are not varieties does not mean that you can't keep them, if that is what you choose to do. They may never be worth more than face value, but some are quite interesting looking. Collect what you like.

1 hour ago, Crypto Links said:

This is one of the oldest coin I have ever seen in the history.If you want to read much more about this coin then you need to follow some written content on books which will also help you for improving your writing skills.Now most of the students already preffers to get the https://writemydissertationforme.co.uk/ site help where you can writing content options where you can easily complete your disseration writing work.

Your 1776 Continental Dollar is a replica, and a bad one at that.

On 2/3/2020 at 6:07 AM, Just Bob said:

Hang on.

Don't let me, or anyone else, decide what you should collect. Just because strike damaged coins are not varieties does not mean that you can't keep them, if that is what you choose to do. They may never be worth more than face value, but some are quite interesting looking. Collect what you like.

Agree - all Abe's are special, even toasted ones (if you look for it). I own several ungraded Abe's that are very sweet to me (for 1 reason or another) but aren't worth much from a market value or unique variety perspective. Good follow up Bob! And grazi for a very useful link on DDO data by Variety Vista Home = :-)

I well remember the "poorman doubled-dies" being widely advertised in the 80s, or even possibly before that.  The thing is, you can still find them routinely in any random group of wheat cents, so they are very common.  Therefore, don't pay a premium for one.

I just want to thank each and everyone who commented. Sharing your knowledge, links, enthusiasm and encouragement, most of all your time. :)

I have more error nots to ask advise on, will post someday...! :)